What's up with this guy??

Slappy

The missing Eads man that was recently found.

Missing Eads man found alive - WMC-TV 5 - Memphis, TN

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC-TV) - An Eads man family members said had been missing for almost a week was located Friday morning on Mud Island.

Security guard Annie Woodson spotted Robert Ellsworth on Mud Island early Friday morning.

"This is kind of unusual," she said. "For me, you know, it's shocking."

"Unusual" to find a man soaking wet and exhausted in the park.

"He said, 'I came out of the river.' I said, "What river?' So he pointed to the Mississippi River."

At the time, Woodsen didn't know she was talking to Robert Ellsworth, an Eads, Tennessee man who's been missing since Saturday. Ellsworth didn't appear to be injured - he just wanted to talk to someone and go home.

"I said, 'Wow, how did you get over here?' At first, he said, 'I don't know.' Then he said that someone pushed him in the water," Woodson said.

Investigators found Elllsworth's vehicle Tuesday at Shelby Farms, but so far, he's been unable to fill in the blanks about what happened while he was missing. Until he can give investigators more information, they won't know if his disappearance was brought on by mental or physical health issues, or he was a victim of a crime, or both.

For Annie Woodsen, the ending of the story is what matters most.

"I'm so glad that I could help somebody, and this case I helped out real well, and it's a blessing that he came my way," she said.

Ellsworth is being evaluated mentally because of disorientation and his inability to recall the events in the past week.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting.

If there is no background reason for him to skip out, anything outside of his control could have been the reason for this and he may really have no memory. However that being said if there was anything he might have wanted to skip out on, it becomes very suspect.

Right now, taken with small grains of salt.

Guest davidz71

One of my co-workers told me last week that an officer I used to work with got on his motorcycle and drove away a month ago. He has not been heard from since.

Guest Swamprunner
One of my co-workers told me last week that an officer I used to work with got on his motorcycle and drove away a month ago. He has not been heard from since.

Sheesh. Not unusual, I've been wanting to do that for a while. Glad to hear somebody had the stones to do it.

Guest Letereat!

I heard the story, glad the guy is ok, Senior got lost in South knoxville off Maloney 3-4 weeks ago and thry found him deceased.

:D

:D:tinfoil:On the other hand It Could Be that the CIA still has MKULTRA active and there is a whole new Level of Mind altering substances and elecronic equipment that can totally bend you to their will to make u become a full time or even temporary Mancurian candidate that fulfills any task they desire for their ultimate plan:leaving:

Edited by Letereat!
Guest pjblurton

Got a wife and kids in baltimore jack

I went out for a ride and I never went back

Like a river that don't know where it's flowing

I took a wrong turn and I just kept going

Guest countryfirecracker

That is a pretty weird story. But I am positive that some details will come out soon if there is more to the story besides sheer mental issues. Truth comes out eventually. :) but who knows? We may never.

To be honest, and it's sad to say this, but things on the news don't tend to shock me anymore.

That river, is fairly low, is full of turns, and has lots and lots of sandbars in it. You could swim it, or go down it in a boat, but it would take navigation to do so to stay in the water. If he were "swept" away, he could easily have waited a 100 yards and snagged a sandbar or the bank. The current is not that fast either. He has to be able to swim because he didn't drown. The distance he traveled from where he went in to the Miss river where he was found in the park is about 15 miles.