source for cheap 10/22's?

mrming

Hello;

I have use for a couple of super-cheap 10/22's. I've got an itch to rebarrel one into 17 mach2, and have use for one or two others to convert for heavy plinking use.

I'll be replacing a lot of parts, don't really care what sort of shape they are in so long as the receiver, stock, and trigger are in ok shape. Any one seen some lately at a good price? Pawn shop maybe?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jason F.

If you find some let me know. I would be interested in whatever you take off from them. Barrels, trigger parts, bolts, stocks ect. I have been rounding up parts to build, modify, and tweak a couple 10/22's myself.

Guest gcrookston

I'd start hitting the local pawn shops, gunstores and gun shows. I see them all the time around $125.00 to $150.00. Hero gear has one now, but I confess I didn't look at the price tag.

Cheap in this case would be in under $100. I'm really more after the gun-smithing specials than anything else. Your old, your tired, your tossed into a closet 15 years ago and forgotten with finger prints etched into the steel.

The gunshows have been a dead loss. no one seems willing to take them in trade, so I'm guessing people just keep or trash them. Only ones I've been finding are nib or similiar. I don't need nib, I need a cheap starting point!

Jason F. send me a message on here, I'll try and remember if I do manage to turn some up.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.