What am I doing wrong with Search?

I am having a hell of a time with Search.

I can't seem to search for anything with out getting a sorry message about

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

I have tried the Search at the top right. The Advance Search directly under it.

I have been inside a forum, such as

<LI class="navbit lastnavbit">2nd Amendment Issues

using Search forum and even the advance under it.

Tried threads and posts.

I found I was having trouble yesterday when I was trying to find a thread on y12.

Someone else found it and I know the thread I was searching for is in

<LI class="navbit lastnavbit">2nd Amendment Issues now.

So using it as a test, I still can not get search to work to find it.

Here is the thread I was using for a test bed to try and find.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/2nd-amendment-issues/45638-you-may-carry-ay-y12-credit-union.html

I was searching for y12 and or Y12, seems those should be hits on it.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

seems I am having trouble searching by key words. But I can search by my own posts or username easy enough. However that doesn't help me if I don't remember who made a post I am looking for.

BTW, tried with both IE and Firefox.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TargetShooter84

We have that same issue on the car forum too, I think its just more of a vbulletin issue or the threads are not being tagged for the search engines to catch on when performing searches.

I'm not even sure if TGO has tags or not. Usually, they're on the bottom of the threads and it will say "Tags".

Maybe David can help with this one, but that was the number one issue with our members on the other forum and not to mention, the searches want more than just 3 words though.

Guest Lester Weevils

with publicly accessible forums, sometimes google does good. I googled tngunowners and y12, and it returned lots of hits.

There is a link under the first results, "More results from tngunowners.com" which reveals lots of links.

Well, that thread comes up with a search using credit, but not y12 using the forum search tools. So from what I gather 3 letters is just 3 short for some current setting. Probably normally not a big deal. I just happened to be the search I was looking for at the time and it was driving me up the wall.

• Administrator

Nah we don't have tags enabled here. I tried it once a while back and people were putting stupid stuff in them, which made it completely pointless.

I'm looking at some other forum software right now that has a LOT of promise. It's being eritten by two of the lead developers from the glory days of vBulletin who jumped ship after InternetBrands bout and ruined them. Its entirely possible that I could swap us to new software in 2011.