a halloween bob addition

Everyone has their favorite compliment to their BOB's; a snack, a treat, an energy bar, some essential element to 'pick em up' and 'keep em on their feet' or just plain comfort. This time of 'year, with Halloween coming up all the candies are cheap and plentiful. Definitely from the 'Olde Schoole' is the 'Mary Jane' candy from NECCO candy company ['remember NECCO wafers] well this Mary Jane confection is kind of like a chewy-taffy candy wrapped in waxed paper. The thing is it's cheap and comes in bulk bags this time of 'year, it's not so popular with the kids today, FYI-they started producing it in 1914, in the house that Paul Revere grew up in, so it's still made here in the Good Ole U.S.of A. It's main ingredients are; Molasses, and Peanut Butter = Iron and Protein, nothing fancy - just good basic food products, to keep you going. These were the Original Power Bars, they keep well, and taste good, plus they're a Piece O' Americana History.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like them both. I didn't know they still made Mary Janes. I see they still make candy corn, and I have no idea why. Candy corn and those marshmallow circus peanuts are just plain nasty.

I loved those peanuts as a kid lol Now one thing I do love is Chik-o-stiks!

On a side note YAY HALLOWEEN!!! Lol

Guest Aces&8s
I loved those peanuts as a kid lol Now one thing I do love is Chik-o-stiks!

Chik-o-stiks rock!! We used to get a candy made of molasses and sesame seeds shaped into little bars and wrapped in cellophane... don't know what they were called, but they were tasty.

+1 gunbartender

It is a great time to stock up on glow sticks, possibly flashlights and batteries...

Also, it is a good time to get some candy for your food stash and bob. (Hard candy lasts a long time, is light weight, and a good boost when needed...)