Anyone read anything good lately?

mav

I just read the Hunger games trilogy. It was a pretty good read. The end was a little bit disappointing.it seemed sudden

Agreed. Very easy and fast read. I finished all 3 in about 5 days. I also thought the ending was abrupt. It was like, "this fella went over here and did this and then this person went over there. The end."

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 73challenger

Agreed. Very easy and fast read. I finished all 3 in about 5 days. I also thought the ending was abrupt. It was like, "this fella went over here and did this and then this person went over there. The end."

So true. I was more interested in the government than anything. I'm just curious what guns did you picture when they were spoken about? I kept thinking of mp5s...random question.

Guest 6.8 AR

i just read the back of a soup can can you belive the junk in there thats not food

Are you referring to those ingredients that create the "Silent But Deadlies"?

A family friend recently gave me a copy of "Glock: The Rise of America's Gun" by Paul M. Barrett. While I do not own a Glock, my wife loves them,

the friend knows that I do own guns therefore they must be Glocks. Carrying single stacks for many years may explain why I have difficulty warming

up to my wife's Glocks. The book is a really good read. It takes you from Gaston Glock making metal window shade equipment in his garage,

through the development of the Glock and on to it's current status. I was surprised by some of the details such as the first Glock being developed by

what was essentially a committee of folks from various backgrounds. I would recommend it as a well written, informative read although I am not

sure I agree with the title of the book.

A family friend recently gave me a copy of "Glock: The Rise of America's Gun" by Paul M. Barrett. While I do not own a Glock, my wife loves them,

the friend knows that I do own guns therefore they must be Glocks. Carrying single stacks for many years may explain why I have difficulty warming

up to my wife's Glocks. The book is a really good read. It takes you from Gaston Glock making metal window shade equipment in his garage,

through the development of the Glock and on to it's current status. I was surprised by some of the details such as the first Glock being developed by

what was essentially a committee of folks from various backgrounds. I would recommend it as a well written, informative read although I am not

sure I agree with the title of the book.

The author of that book will be on the CBS Sunday Morning Show tomorrow. They are doing a story on Glock and it will be interesting to see what their spin will be.

Guest ThePunisher

The Harbinger- Jonathan Cahn

Ameritopia- Mark Levin

I read Liberty and Tyranny by Levine and I'm planning on getting Ameritopia.

If anyone likes reading around 1,000 page books, then try The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet. You can't put the book down.

Edited by ThePunisher
  • 10 months later...

I finally managed to read Vince Flynn's Killshot.  As with all of Flynn's books, it was excellent.  I have read several more before that including rereading One Second After (just as good the second time), but nothing was really worth mentioning.  Currently I am rereading a book that I read almost a decade ago.  It is Richard Preston's The Hot Zone

The Ebola virus kills nine out of ten of its victims so quickly and gruesomely that even biohazard experts are terrified. It is airborne, it is extremely
contagious, and in the winter of 1989, it seemed about to burn through the suburbs of Washington D.C.

At Fort Detrick's USAMRIID, an Army research facility outside the nation's capital, a SWAT team of soldiers and scientists wearing biohazard space suits was organized to stop the outbreak of the exotic "hot" virus. The grim operation went on in secret for eighteen days, under unprecedented, dangerous conditions.

The Hot Zone tells this dramatic story in depth, giving a hair-raising account of the appearance of rare and lethal viruses and their outbreaks in the
human race. From a remote African cave hot with Ebola virus, to an airplane over Africa that is carrying a sick passenger who dissolves into a human virus bomb, to the confines of a Biosafety Level 4 military lab where scientists risk their lives studying lethal substances that could kill them quickly and horribly, The Hot Zone describes situations that a few years ago would have been taken for science fiction. As the tropical wildernesses of the world are destroyed, previously unknown viruses that have lived undetected in the rain forest for eons are entering human populations. The appearance of AIDS is part of a larger pattern, and the implications for the future of the human species are terrifying.

It is just as scary now as when I first read it so long ago.  It is a book that I would highly recommend.