Knoxville Gun Show of the Month Jan 26 & 27

Guest Spuds

Guest TargetShooter84
I went to the Expo show back in October or November(can't remember) and while it was o.k., it wasn't great. Richard

Was the Jacobs Bldg bette than the expo???

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Engloid

I have NEVER went to a gun show and felt like I got a deal that was much better than if I had walked into a local shop..but I don't buy much either. I probably saved about $20-30 on my XD, but that's it. I've spent more on show admissions than I

have saved by going.

Guest cdsusong

Yeah I too have purchased items at the show that I could have gotten at the shop but when I need more than 1 item, it works well that I can "probably" get them at the show. Just block out the $10 entry fee like maybe you had lunch at Applebees and you should be good to go! The best deal I ever got at a show was on my Glock 19. Slightly used for $375 OTD. They don't happen often but when they do, glory glory!

Guest cdsusong

Yeah I too have purchased items at the show that I could have gotten at the shop but when I need more than 1 item, it works well that I can "probably" get them at the show. Just block out the $10 entry fee like maybe you had lunch at Applebees and you should be good to go! The best deal I ever got at a show was on my Glock 19. Slightly used for $375 OTD. They don't happen often but when they do, glory glory!

I like the shows because you can hold many different items under one roof. If you're having trouble deciding on a firearm, its a good chance yo get questions answered. I also like socializing with fellow gunowners. You can also usually find good deals from other people selling and trading. Plus, it was the first time my girlfriend had ever been to one. She got real nervous walking to the entrance and seeing all the guys in camo with guns in the open. Twenty minutes later she had picked out two revolvers she wants, wants to get her HCP, couldn't believe how polite and friendly all the people were, and wants to go to the range as soon as I am better. I would have payed a hundred dollars to RK shows if I knew I would get this response!!!:eek::up::D

Was the Jacobs Bldg bette than the expo???

I haven't been to the jacob bldg show yet. The only shows I have been to so far is the one at the expo center last October or November(can't remember) and the one this past weekend at Chilhowee.

I managed to find a Don Hume concealment holster for my .45 and that was it. I did price ammo and only found it to be about $1 cheaper. All in all, we had a good time. My buddy managed to find alot of ammo for his 12guage and was pretty happy.

Richard

Guest cdsusong

I can't say I have ever bought shotgun ammo at the show. How much was it, do you know? I generally don't look at the ammo tables for fear of the high price. It is about as cheap to buy new as to reload now with brass so high. I'm still searching for a Kahr 9mm magazine that is not $40 each. Any help would be great. If I buy it on line it is $40 plus shipping. WOW $50 for 1 magazine? Brrrrrr

I haven't been to the jacob bldg show yet. The only shows I have been to so far is the one at the expo center last October or November(can't remember) and the one this past weekend at Chilhowee.

The Jacob Building is where the show is when it's held at Chilhowee. :rolleyes:

I was wanting to go to this one, and if it had been at the Expo Center I may have gone.

Never been to Chilhowee before. Spent my money already anyway ordering stuff from Dixie and from Midway.

I enjoy gun shows. I find it fun to walk around and see all the guns and gear they are hawking there. The admission fee is not a deal breaker, but it does take ten bucks out of my pocket I would spend on geegaws there.

Maybe i will make the next one.