music city 3 gun?

Hey Rick... don't worry, we've all done this for the first time before, ask your questions. You'll only look dumb if you don't ask!

As for ammo... this match doesn't recognize "power factor" like some do, so the 9mm will give you an advantage in less recoil and more magazine capacity. As for ammo, the cheap stuff is fine. You will need at least 4 shotgun slugs (I'd bring 10 or so, just in case), the rest of the shotgun targets will be engaged with shot... 7.5 and 8 shot seems to be the most popular. Make sure that your shotshells cycle your gun, some autoloaders need heavy loads, some will run anything. Cheap FMJ is fine for the rifle, if you have Russian stuff make sure it isn't steel core (it tears up the steel targets), the easiest way to do that is see if the bullet is attracted by a magnet.

Now that all that complicated stuff is out of the way, I'll tell you this. Just show up with what you have. We'll take care of you. I've never seen a shooter at any sort of match turned away because he didn't have the right gear. I don't care if you shoot the whole match with my stuff, if you want to shoot, and demonstrate that you can handle guns safely, we'll make sure you can shoot the match. I promise you'll have fun, and you'll meet some great folks.

DanO

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would I need for this?

Kimber 1911 or one of my Sigs

Sig 556 with Eotech sight (what distances are rifle targets?

Shotgun? I have a Browning B2000 SemiAuto with a 26" Barrel Skeet Choke....would that work if I took out the plug so I have 5 shots?

Holster for handgun

Ammo

Eye/Ear protection

Anything else?

Thanks, I am a newbie but think this may be fun:)

Magazine holders. I will bring extra parts for both double and single stack weapons, extra pump shotgun. The ammo requirements are on www.mctsclub.com. If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at President@mctsclub.com.

Rifle shots will mainly be up close but can have targets out to 100 yrds.

Michael, if you have an extra 1911 mag holster I could use it. My dad and brother will be coming. I've got my brother squared away since he shoots a similar setup to me. But my dad will most likely shoot his 1911.

Mike

Michael, if you have an extra 1911 mag holster I could use it. My dad and brother will be coming. I've got my brother squared away since he shoots a similar setup to me. But my dad will most likely shoot his 1911.

Mike

I can bring a couple of 1911 double mag paddles

Setup has been completed (except staple targets). The stages are worth the weather even if it is snowing a blizzard. Matt has done a terrific job in stage designs. I would like to thank the following people that did setup today: Chip, Robert F. (I know, I know, I was shocked also), Norma (my house keeper), Matt and Kenneth Tipton (especially Kenneth because Robert was sleeping and would not answer the phone). SOs for the match will need to be there at 7:30 for stage walk thru and safety briefing.

This will be a GREAT match. 50/50 plate rack has a surprise for Jack Brown.

Setup has been completed (except staple targets). The stages are worth the weather even if it is snowing a blizzard. Matt has done a terrific job in stage designs. I would like to thank the following people that did setup today: Chip, Robert F. (I know, I know, I was shocked also), Norma (my house keeper), Matt and Kenneth Tipton (especially Kenneth because Robert was sleeping and would not answer the phone). SOs for the match will need to be there at 7:30 for stage walk thru and safety briefing.

This will be a GREAT match. 50/50 plate rack has a surprise for Jack Brown.

SOs will be Kemp Evans, Greg Bell, Chandler LaFrain, Matt Tipton, and Robert Standley(Chip Prece). I will be floating around. Last squad finishes the SO has to wear a dress!

Guest gw2and4
Matt,

I will be there but I'm on call for work. We should have one of our new SO's act as primary for my squad and I will back them up.

I'll do it if needed. I plan to be at the range by 7:30 for the SO meeting.

The 50/50 winners are as following(contact President@mctsclub.com for your winnings):

Pistol (11 entries): Kemp Evans - 3.23 (Kemp donated his winnings to the club) Notable mentions: Matt Tipton - 3.41

Pump Shotgun (7 entries): Zach Hall - 3.18 Notable mentions: Mike McDonald - 3.59

Semi Auto Shotgun (9 entries): Matt Tipton - 2.11 Notable mentions: Mike Cunningham - 2.40

I would like to thank everyone for coming out to the match with Muzzleloader season today. The stages were a great design by Matt Tipton. Scores should be posted soon. Please take note to the website this week with new range rule changes(180 degree and "dropped" loaded/unloaded weapon).

Guest gw2and4
Thank you for SOing today.

Glad I could help out. Was a great match and I can't wait to see the scores since I beat Greg on the rifle-only stage. LOL

Had a good time at this match. A few hiccups in match admin. nothing a few more matches wont iron out!

Stages were of good flavor with just a hint of evil.

Thank you to all involved. Its three times the work for 3-gun.

Now....... whens the next one!!!!!

I kept nailing the side of the tree it was half behind. Finally got it though.

I enjoyed all the stages this week. All of them were very challenging in their own way. I can't wait to see more events like this.

Some video. We have video of the other stages as well but it didn't turn out very well.

Guest gw2and4
Like the pesky popper hidden behind shadows and branches in the woods? I think I had to lay down 4 shots to hit that damn thing.

Yeah, and you had magnification. It was even more difficult with a 1x optic. I think it took me 5 or 6 shots... :popcorn: ...but at least I got a hit.