Pocket carry pistols?

Guest carbonarcher

Guest motonut

Any comments about the LC9? I'm really interested in checking this thing out. Looked at some video reviews on Youtube and they look great. I know some don't like the mag safety.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest Tipster

I really like my Kel Tec PF9. 9mm power with a 380 size. I practice with mine a lot and I did the initial fluff and buff and there's been no issues yet. I did learn that it doesn't like Blazer steel cases though.

Guest Roadkill Bill

My wife wanted a small automatic, and when she saw the P3AT she just had to have it. We had nothing but problems with it. I've heard that the P32 is very reliable, but the P3AT is a 50-50 proposition. In all we fired 550 rounds of every different kind of .380 ammo we could get and the only thing it would shoot without jamming was CCI Blazer.

OK, we didn't trust the P3AT, so she got a Ruger LCP. So far, no FTF, however, we have not put anywhere near the volume of rounds through it as we did the Kel-Tec. Funny, I sent the P3AT back to Kel-Tec, and they did what ever they did to it. Sent a note saying to NOT use aluminum cartridges. NOT use it? It was the only thing that would work in it!

Neither the P3AT or the LCP are guns you want to practice with very much. They both hurt your hand after a few rounds, and are strickly for SHTF situations.

As for my BUG I'm sticking with my S&W 638. I always goes bang with what ever I put in it, and I love the grip. It points so naturally (and doesn't hurt to shoot). Got a speedloader with CorBon PowerBall ammo. It goes well with my Glock 21.

Edited by Roadkill Bill
Guest Lester Weevils

Overall, the smaller a pistol gets the worse I shoot it. Hopefuly not everyone is as doofus as me. I'm rather doofus.

Tiny pistols I've tried have been a combination of stiff double-action trigger, a two-finger grip on the pistol, nearly invisible sights, and rather nasty recoil in .380, 9mm, or .357 Mag in such a tiny gun. Beyond my skill level to shoot properly.

More a toy than practical weapon, old 80-something Dad got me to clean and test his Junior Colt .25. I later looked up the serial number and it is one of the last Made-in-USA runs of the tiny pistol.

The Junior Colt was pretty fun to shoot and not especially inaccurate. Single action trigger. Better than usual tiny-gun sights. Like shooting a micro-1911. A neat little gun that might be more likely to make an attacker mad rather than warn him off.

That tiny gun had some slide bite. Didn't notice till after shooting a couple of mags that the web of my hand was bleeding pretty good.

There are a few single-action modern .380 and 9mm tiny guns. Little mini-1911's. Maybe that's the way to go for a true pocket gun as long as the safety is stiff enough to stay engaged in the pocket until you draw and switch off the safety.

Then there are Beretta tiny .32, .25, and .22 pistols. From reading, the Taurus clones are double-action-only, which if true would disqualify them from my shopping. Tiny grip and stiff double-action is not good.