H&K pistols

Guest Big-A

Thanks I'm ashamed to to say I own one and didn't know the real shame is I've yet to shoot it

hk002z.jpg

Well shoot it! It is one of the sweetest shooting 45 compacts you will ever fire. Be careful though, if that is your carry weapon in your avatar, you may retire it after you do shoot your USP.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Halfpint

Another HK fan here . . . I've worked for an H&K dealer for 4 years and seen both great and horrible customer service from them, though I admit it's a little more on the "horrible" side sometimes -- that said, everything that was needed to be done by them got done, quickly and correctly, and we/customers got our guns back. Absolutely great pistols, reliable as all get out, and extremely accurate and enjoyable to shoot.

My (extremely minor) beef is that H&K doesn't build any single-stack pistols -- I carried a USP Compact 45 (v1) for a few years and loved it, my only complaint was that it was thick, side-to-side, compared to similar pistols from other manufactures that held 7 to 10 rounds. Other than that, I hate that I ever got rid of it, and plan on replacing it ASAP, as well as buying another USP Compact in 9mm.

If I ever own another H&K it'll be a P7 (which is IMO it's own kind of thing as it's so unique and built to such a high standard beyond nearly anything being made these days), I've had a few and while they were good guns their current models don't do anything that some of the more proletarian makers' guns do better (for cheaper).

I had an H&K P30 - put around 300 rounds through it before I sold it. Honestly, it was a nice gun - ergonomic, easy to handle, shot well, and was overall quality. I just preferred a Sig, and wanted a 220 instead, so it was sold to finance one of those. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one to someone that would like a quality handgun, though, that will last forever and perform 100%. Great firearms.

I had the USPc 40. I could not hit anything with it. From 5 yards away it would spray all over an eight inch target. I didn't like the polymer trigger. It was a very reliable and durable gun.

There are better guns out there for the price. Buds has the Sig 2022 for $394 delivered.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TennTitan

I just bought my first HK today. I got the P30 in the .40 S&W and i love it. It's very comfortable and shoots great. I know the USP is a great model as well.