Advice Wanted: Need Sling for Pistol Grip(no stock) Shotgun

D3vo

I need sling advice for a Mossberg 500 12g 18" tactical shotgun. This shotgun has a pistol grip and no stock. My father is a farmer and alone when checking the crops during cold winter nights. He wants to have his hands free as much as possible. What type of sling does he want? A 1-point, 2-point or something else. Can someone provide some good options with links? Is it true if the sling doesn't have swivels included they will need to be purchased? Thanks in advance as I am shotgun challenged.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone makes a single point sling attachment that mounts between the grip and the receiver, similar to an AR-15 single point, and then you just clip a single point bungee sling to it.

Here we go.

GG&G makes one, it is $25. Then all you need is a sling to go with it.

You can probably find cheaper, this was a two minute search.

If he does a lot of moving and walking around I would recommend a sling that attaches to two points on the gun. A single point tends to shift as well as swing around smacking you in your knees or in your naughty bits. If you use a sling that attaches to two points it tends to stick close to your body and doesn't move around a whole lot unless you want it to. This keeps it from moving around or falling into equipment where it can get hung up. If he would ever need to run with it hanging from a single point it can be very painful as it swings wildly. I started using a single point then realized that it was wearing out my knees as well as getting caught on things like door knobs and such. When I switched to a dual point sling it made my life a whole lot easier.

As far as how I am not really sure either as I don't use a sling with my shotgun. I am not sure if you would be interested but I have a Choate full length stock with a pistol grip that would fit your shotgun. It is like new and was on a gently used shotgun that I bought from a LE buddy of mine. PM me if you are interested, it is cheaper than you could ever think of buying one.

IMG_0266.jpg

It is the stock attached to the shotgun in the picture.

Dolomite

2 point style using the mounts like on this one. They are gg&g. one mounts between reciever and stock, the other between mag and end cap or mag extension.

pretty much just a strap threaded through them. i'm to lazy at the moment to post a pic with the strap on it but will get one later if ya pm me.

2010-08-11191209.jpg

what luck i didn't have to get up. went shootin today sister inlaw took a pic of my sexy arse.

shotty.jpg

Edited by fastbs