What part of the state would fall the fastest?

Guest SMZRU275

Guest SMZRU275

I have wondered which part of this great state would fall first in the even of an outbreak?

My first guess is the Memphis area. I say this because of the great level of poverty, and the dense living conditions in those areas of the city. Between south Memphis and Midtown, there is such a concentration of people in already desolate living conditions that an outbreak could spread like wildfire through there giving it tremendous numbers. Reason I say the poverty stricten areas would fall first is that one they do not have adequtate medeiocal factileis to recognize what might be happening, as well these areas are densely populated, and many are already in poor health because of the lack of resources. Plus in this city it is already like a warzone in many areas, so panic would break out instantly.

Hell the Real Time Crime Center isn't even monitored here in real time, so you could have an outbreak caught on camera around the downtown area, hours before it is announced.

My second guess would be the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. Mainly because that small area is so dense with tourists, and almost year round. Plus with the limited access in and out of the city, if a few infected were to make it into the main population it doesn't seem like it would take long for an infection to spread. But on the flipside, that limited access could be a positive in that it could coral the infected to mainly that main strip.

Just some theories I've had. Could elaborate more, but I'd like to see what areas you guys think have the best and worst chances at survival based on demographics, geography, and not just where has the most registered handgun permits...:D

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metro Areas with airports and good roadways. Memphis, Nashville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Tricities will fall first and probably in that order. Then a spread outward along roadways. I recommend Hancock County as a fall back position. You really can't get there from anywhere.

south memphis may not go that fast, lots of drug dealers, which means lots of guns.

That was my thoughts.........poverty doesn't mean that guns and an "i don't care to die gangsta" attitudes aren't allowed . The "hoods" would most likley survive bacause they are already almost barbaric in their everyday livin' anyways. Shoot, just another Zombie thug popped with "ma Nina"!! It ain't gona be no thang!!!

You guys are giving alot of credit to the people I send to jail. First off, you gotta be able to HIT your target. Just because you have a gun doesn't mean anything.

Oh and just for the record, parts of RTC are monitored in real time. One of my MC brothers worked there for quite awhile before he moved to Robbery.

I'll just sit up here on the mtn.:) Got 350yd. covered in all directions. Water, food, dry shelter, plenty of fuel for heat. We set.... " Ya'll have a good time down there" he said , sitt'n on that sack of seeds.:D

Guest crotalus01

Memphis for sure. It would spread from Memphis not only to Nashville but up and down the river, so every port city on the Mississippi would be screwed. If it had to happen, and I could get out of the Memphis metro area, this would be a near perfect area to be in - Not much as far as population centers in TN, AR or MS.

Metro Areas with airports and good roadways. Memphis, Nashville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Tricities will fall first and probably in that order. Then a spread outward along roadways. I recommend Hancock County as a fall back position. You really can't get there from anywhere.

This. TN's metro areas will all fall within hours of each other. Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga are all connected by two of the most heavily travelled interstates in the country. The daily volume of intrastate-only traffic between these areas is massive.

Add to that if the city folks are quick enough to catch on to what is happening there will be a mass exodus from the cities to where all you country folk are hold up.

The entire state will be done within 36 hours. That's assuming we're talking about those freaky, fast-moving zombies. If they're the slow kind we probably have a little more time.

Edited by Garufa
Guest Sgt. Joe

Let us not forget about Jackson, TN's 5th largest city and our nations 13th most violent. If Memphis has it We has it too, everything except a nice zoo and trolley cars anyway.:D

We are just the the point where the upper and lower intestines of TN meet on their way to Memphis, and believe me the contents of those intestines do tend to start concentrating here.:)

Guest SMZRU275
south memphis may not go that fast, lots of drug dealers, which means lots of guns.

I thought about that, but then I had the same idea as Punisher84. Yea they are heavily armed, but are they trained well enough to use them? With people any hit on the target will do some damage, but in the case of stenches, only that headshot will matter.

Plus the "dog eat dog" mentality of the area I think will aid in it's downfall. But I'd say midtown would drop first.

This. TN's metro areas will all fall within hours of each other. Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga are all connected by two of the most heavily travelled interstates in the country. The daily volume of intrastate-only traffic between these areas is massive.

Add to that if the city folks are quick enough to catch on to what is happening there will be a mass exodus from the cities to where all you country folk are hold up.

The entire state will be done within 36 hours. That's assuming we're talking about those freaky, fast-moving zombies. If they're the slow kind we probably have a little more time.

Other states might fall that fast, we like our 2nd amendment rights too much here in TN. We would hold out a little longer. New York City, DC those places would last about an hour