chattanooga gun stores with good holster selection?

Guest abailey362

Guest abailey362

Disclaimer: I know all stores can't stock all holsetrs and all the reasons why, but I'd like to find a store around here that has a decent selection and check it out. Just moved to town this weekend so I know where nothing is. Looking for something for my Kimber Ultra Carry II if that helps. Or if anyone in the area has an extra one let me know.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Try Sportsman's Supply in Hixson. Carl may not have exactly what you want, but he can get it in one day to see if you like it.

In the Chattanooga area, try Benton's Shooters Supply in Benton, Tennessee.

IMHO, Sportmans Warehouse is the Walmart of the outdoor sports/shooting supply industry. Patronize your local, locally owned gun and outdoor shops.

Edited by catsbackr
Guest Clutch442

Check with Skip's Firearms in Ooltewah he should be able to get anything you want. Also maybe Carter's shooting supply on highway 58 they used to keep some good 1911 style holsters in stock.

Volunteer Ordnance Works in Cleveland (exit 20) carried Tagua holsters FWIW.

http://www.taguagunleather.com/index.html

http://www.volunteerordnanceworks.com

I love Dan to death, and we talk often, but the OP asked for shops with "a good holster selection"

IMHO 10 Tagua holsters, of which only one will fit the 1911, does not constitute a "good selection" :shrug:

All nice options but he is new to area and knows where nothing is,so that leavs sportsmans whse as the only option for a good holster.

Try Sportsman's Supply in Hixson. Carl may not have exactly what you want, but he can get it in one day to see if you like it.

In the Chattanooga area, try Benton's Shooters Supply in Benton, Tennessee.

IMHO, Sportmans Warehouse is the Walmart of the outdoor sports/shooting supply industry. Patronize your local, locally owned gun and outdoor shops.

In the immediate area that only leaves a couple of places,and as much as I like to shop there,they do not have a good selection of good holsters(good being the key word)they do how ever have plenty of nylon/universal holsters if that is your taste.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest abailey362

Picked up a nice bianchi auto retention from Joe down at hero gear this weekend. As always he was extremely helpful and i tried ona few and wore them around a bit and got the one I had in mind when I went in.

Went to sportsman's warehouse and they have a ton of holsters,,,, but none to fit my gun (no nice ones at least). no one there really seemed to care or know what they were talking about, and I was told twice that they should get a shipment in a day or two, but there was never anything new there.

+1 more for the team down at hero-gear

Sportsmans is slow about restocking some items,bulk bullets and primers are 2 that come to mind.

And they seem to raise prices every time I go in there. Those Rock Mount Bipods that are $39 at Walmart were $47 at SW (which isn't too bad), but when I went back a couple days later they were now marked $59. I don't see how they can compete w/ some of the prices they have. A few weeks later and the same bipods are $39 at Walmart. :lol:

There is no doubt that Sportman's Warehouse is slow to re stock. But they do have one of the best selections around in holsters and guns. I love to support my local gun shops, but most only stock a dozen or so holsters and most of them are of the nylon variety. You can find an OK holster in the Bianchi, Desantis, Don Hume, Glaco, Blackhawk lines that most Sportman's Warehouses carry. I was able to find my Blackhawk holsters at a local shop - which I always check first.

Eddie retired is what I heard.The other shops in town just rub me the wrong way with their attitudes.If I want a new gun I will buy at a gun show or Sporstmans,same with powder and primers.Bullets and holsters etc. I get online.And before sombody says drive to Benton that speed trap town can kiss my ass.

Edited by Grout
Guest Grout

Strick,The last time I went through Benton about 2 miles before I got into town(where 411 curves to the right and runs down hill toward the river)I was doing the speed limit and a police car came out of no where and got right on my tail.He did not pass me and there was no traffic coming our way.He stayed on me even when it turned to 4 lanes in town.The entire time I did the speed limit.When I got to the Kangaroo store I blinked and turned in and he went on.The jerk was wanting me to speed up so he could pull me over.

Its a little ways down past Cleveland towards the NC border,and yes there is a good shop there from what I hear,but I too dont go into the neck of the woods.LE is a real biaotch much like Fort Oglethorpe.Sends chills down my back just thinking aboutem

Guest Grout

From Cleveland take 64 toward Ocoee,exit onto 411 and turn left.Go straight and when you cross the river(more like a creek) slow your ass down to the speed limit.Go on through town and Benton Shooter's Supply is on the left.They have the best selection of guns in the state.Also when you leave,beware once you are out of Benton there is one more trap.When you get back on 411 there is a STOP sign at the end of the entrance onto 411.I have seen people drive on through it and the THP will be there waiting for them.

• 3 weeks later...