Gun Clubs

Guest robert83

Guest robert83

I purchased my first shotgun a Remington 870 with hopes to get into skeet and trap shooting and a little hunting. I am having been looking for a gun club to get involved with. I currently live in the Franklin area and have found two possible clubs. The Nashville gun club as well the Murray county gun club. Is anyone involved with eater of these clubs? I also have handguns I enjoy shooting but it appears the Nashville gun club is only for skeet and trap. The Charlie Haffner Memorial range is the closest to me it's pretty cheap but I am not sure if they do trap or skeet.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CHMR has a couple of spring loaded clay throwers. It's just a fun setup, not for scoring/competition. You have to be a member or with a member to shoot there. It's only $40 per year and the best shooting value I know of. Especially for rifle. PM me and I'd be glad to meet you down there on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon and let you shoot as my guest. $5 for non-members.

NGC has a lot more to offer on the clays: Skeet, Trap, and Sporting Clays, but zero on the rifles and handguns.Plus their membership isn't real cheap at $300/yr for an individual. The way I figure it, I'd have to shoot 5 1/2 rounds of skeet/trap or 3 rounds of sporting clays every month of the year to break even. If you'll shoot that much or more, join up. I'd suggest going a few times and pay the non-member prices. If not, you don't have to be a member to shoot there. If you really enjoy and think you'll go often enough, then join up.