Training question?

mav

Good grief… You have to be one of the top shooters on this forum. 200 – 300 rounds at a time several times a week??

:) Hardly.

One thing you need to realize is that I only got into shooting a little over a year ago. I am having to play catch up with the rest of you guys who have been shooting your entire lives. Maybe in a few years I might be able to hold my own with some of you guys.

Last year I shot roughly 15-16k rounds of varying calibers. I know there are people on this forum who shoot a lot more than that.

In regards to cost, ranges fees are $200 and $150 (belong to 2 ranges) per year. My weekly ammo cost is probably around $70 (less than 2 rounds of golf).

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am lucky enough to have my own range right out my backdoor. I live on a farm and have a business there. I have 38 acres of creek bottom to use. I set up a 30 foot pistol target and a 100 yard rifle range behind my business. I just walk out the back door and start shooting. I even have a enclosed area to shoot from if the weather is bad. I carry most of the time so I usually pop off a few on a daily basis. I have several friends who also carry so they stop by for a friendly match up. Good clean fun and practice all in one.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.