Anyone want to do a group buy? [Memphis and surounding]

M4sherman

Quick question here. would anyone be interested in doing a group-buy of Mosin-nagant rifles? and if so are there are Curio and relic holders who would want to order a few to further their collection and dispose of the rest?

Aim surplus says they can knock ten bucks off per rifle but freight is 200-400 dollars

Edited by M4sherman
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Revelator

An ammo buy I could see, but guns are a different story. It could get tricky for the licensee if it's perceived to be "in the business of..." Then there's keeping up with the bound book. I just don't think any C&R holders will go in on this. I see you're too young to get a license of your own, Sherm, so I suggest hitting up the gun shows. But I like your thinking. C&Rs rule.

Well if it would be that hard we could just go through a FFL BUT if the licensee is actually purchasing a few of the rifles for himself for his collection and not simply buying and reselling there should be no problem but it would be best to ask a lawyer or the ATF.

and the gunshows are to expensive if you want five rifles and a ton of ammo....I say we still do the ammo thing regardless

Ahh now that awnsers the question. they are the 91/30's aim has for $69.99 each (-$10 if we buy a crate) and the ammo would be the ruskie for $80 per can (maybe less). I wonder if any FFl's would do a discounted fee if we got a whole bunch because $35 per rifle would kill us...but it leaves the question of who gets the crate.

I just found out that there is a company called Wideners in TN so we may be able to simply pick a crate up. They are in Johnson City, TN so it is actually on the opposite end of the state. So I say we chose a member (or two) and pay for the gas to go up and pick-up a crate of ammo and rifles and since he is putting the wear on his vehicle he keeps the crate. a

Edited by M4sherman

Ok I have good news and bad news, first the bad. wideners Does not do a bulk discount on rifles. Now for the good news, Aim surplus is offering ammo at $72 per can if we buy 20. Now I am going to check with the local FFLs and see what they charge per rifle.

Alright I called Classic arms said and they said $25 per rifle (I think the man was mumbling) and tomorrow I am checking in with a few other places. The way I am adding everything up it looks like the cheapest we will be able to get them for is $70-$75 per rifle ($60 and $10 to ship) plus the dealers fee. I doubt I will find a better price then classic on the transfer but when we are speaking of multiple transfers at the same time who knows.

Also here is a link to the rifles Russian 1891/30 7.62x54R Mosin Nagant Rifle

Guest Tusculum

If you guys wanna pile in a van and share the fuel price and drive to Greeneville, Ill do the transfers for 20.00. Thats 10 for me and ten for the Great State!

Well I dont mind the road trip but some other people might. Any ways here are the transfer prices so far 1: Classic arms in cordova ($25-$35ea) 2:Pioneer outdoors in bolivar ($25 each for more than 3-4 or $30 each for less than 3-4) and last Tusculum ($20)

So as it sits right now it will be $95 for the first and $85 for each additional rifle. If anyone within 150 miles of Memphis is interested in a couple of nice 91/30 with all of the goodies let me know and we can start an official thread.

Guest Tusculum

125.00 aint too bad. Whats the best you will do on a GB? 100/115? Guys, If youve never been in a GB just remember, Lots of patience! By the time everyone annies up it can be 4/6 months or longer. There is always a few (Ill Take Its) that seem to fall on bad times and wont back out, Just prolong it until they are thrown off. Im not saying this will happen here but I was on one for a year to get a NIB SKS with all accessories issued from the manuf. I finally got it and was very glad I stayed in but like I said, It took a year. Also pity the poor guy who gets this thing up! He will be stark raving mad by the time this is over. Just food for thought.

Guest Keinengel

Dont want to sound like a party pooper either but 115-125 doesn't seem like a big enough deal to bother with to me. Just looking around locally or talking to members on this forum you can find them for that price or less. Not to mention at most places that actually have them in stock, the most you are looking at paying is around 150 dollars. This is why a C&R is a great investment :)

$8.90 per rifle to ship to Classic or Pioneer so the total per rifle is 103.90 for one and $93.90 for multiple. Also If we could get some ammo I think we should all go to Natchez Trace State Park and shoot them afterwords. I think I am going to get this closed and open a new thread in the events section

• 2 weeks later...