I got a gun for Christmas.

Guest eyescream

Guest eyescream

It's my first SIG (and my first 9mm and first polymer-frame handgun). I bought an SP2022 from Mark at Summit Gun Broker after running out of excuses not to upon seeing the price.

As best I can tell from reading forum posts hither and yon, it's part of an overrun that was intended for some French law enforcement agency, as it not only has the short trigger, but also has the SRT trigger pack (the reset in single action is much, much shorter than on the old-style P226 I groped and fondled at a store a while back).

I had Mike at Austin's do the transfer for me. I really like those guys.

Pictures!

In the box, one of the cats was helping me unwrap it:

5281344813_8d1e772a01_b.jpg

Glamour shot:

5281345009_68b875fb89_b.jpg

With a friend:

5281946392_0a460da1df_b.jpg

I've never had a DA/SA handgun before. I like it a lot, though it's taken a little getting used to.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eyescream
A new SIG is always a good thing and I've read nothing but good things about the SP2022. Enjoy!!!! COOP

The more I read about them the more they seemed like some sort of hidden gem in the product line. I'm really impressed with it so far.

You'll enjoy it!

You can swap out grips and triggers until you get a combination that feels just right, and changing the FCU is simple too if you'd prefer DAO.

Mine is very accurate, and fun to shoot.

A sig is a wonderful thing, have fun with it!

Guest eyescream
Yes, but only to have a weapon to surrender at the next available opportunity.

The trigger guard is extra large so as to make it easier to tie a white flag onto it.

Guest eyescream
You'll enjoy it!

You can swap out grips and triggers until you get a combination that feels just right, and changing the FCU is simple too if you'd prefer DAO.

Mine is very accurate, and fun to shoot.

A sig is a wonderful thing, have fun with it!

Is there some secret to getting the grip apart that I've not found? I push the tab in the magwell and pull down and it should just slide apart, shouldn't it?

I mean, it feels nice the way it is, but I'm curious and can't help messing with things.

How much did you end up paying for your sig pro? summit has them listed for $415 right now, and how much does austin's do a transfer for - I've got some christmas money that I received that I stashed away for a rainy day, but I've been eyeballing a sig pro for a while...good way to get another sig without totally breaking the bank. I've only heard good things about them as well, more than once I've heard it has one of the best out of box triggers on a gun aside from a good 1911.

Guest eyescream
How much did you end up paying for your sig pro? summit has them listed for $415 right now, and how much does austin's do a transfer for - I've got some christmas money that I received that I stashed away for a rainy day, but I've been eyeballing a sig pro for a while...good way to get another sig without totally breaking the bank. I've only heard good things about them as well, more than once I've heard it has one of the best out of box triggers on a gun aside from a good 1911.

Austin's does transfers for $25 + $10 TICS, and I paid a hair over $415 for the gun because I used a credit card instead of sending a check or paying some other cash analogue to Summit. I think Bud's has them a hair cheaper than Summit did right now. You might check that out.

I only went with Summit because I've never heard of a single bad experience dealing with Mark, and that bore out. He was great. Buds seems kinda hit or miss.

Ok, if I recall coal creek is down to 35? I am kind of sketchy of buds as well, only heard good things about summit. I need to do some thinking, either a sig pro or a 357 sig barrel for my 229, some other accessories and ammo. Ugh, so little money - so many wants.

By the way, where do you normally shoot at? Wouldn't mind putting a mag or 2 your pro if you don't mind sometime, would be welcome to shoot any of mine. Although that's not a huge selection, just a 229/40 and an fnx9. >_<

is there some secret to getting the grip apart that I've not found? I push the tab in the magwell and pull down and it should just slide apart, shouldn't it?

Easiest way I've found is to take a flat blade screwdriver and gently come up from the bottom of the tab, and push the tab back. I say gently, but I suspect it's pretty tough.

You just need to move the tab back about 1/8" to clear the frame. The grip will easily slide down then. I can change mine in about 10 seconds now.

I'll change the grip out at the range, small grip on for my wife to shoot it and then the medium on for me.

Guest eyescream
Ok, if I recall coal creek is down to 35? I am kind of sketchy of buds as well, only heard good things about summit. I need to do some thinking, either a sig pro or a 357 sig barrel for my 229, some other accessories and ammo. Ugh, so little money - so many wants.

By the way, where do you normally shoot at? Wouldn't mind putting a mag or 2 your pro if you don't mind sometime, would be welcome to shoot any of mine. Although that's not a huge selection, just a 229/40 and an fnx9. >_<

I dunno. Last I heard Coal Creek was $50+TICS for brands they stocked, but that may have changed.

I shoot either at Coal Creek or at John Sevier. Coal Creek's right down from the house, so it's convenient. We can put something together if you want. I seriously considered getting an FNX9 but just couldn't say no to the price of the Sig. I'm really glad I got it.

Easiest way I've found is to take a flat blade screwdriver and gently come up from the bottom of the tab, and push the tab back. I say gently, but I suspect it's pretty tough.

You just need to move the tab back about 1/8" to clear the frame. The grip will easily slide down then. I can change mine in about 10 seconds now.

I'll change the grip out at the range, small grip on for my wife to shoot it and then the medium on for me.

Good call. I'll give that a shot after I finish eating.

I didn't see any drop marks on it in the pictures. har de har har

Obviously it got to me before it got to the French. :)

I usually go to coal creek to shoot as well - never been to john sevier, I have done some work for them on the side so depending on whose working sometimes I will get some free range time if they aren't busy. I transferred my 229 through them and they did it for 35, not sure if its because of the helping me out or because they normally don't stock the elite models - even with a discount if I can't get the best deal on gun through them I still try and give them some money with cleaning supplies, range time, etc.

As far as my fnx9, I love it - my house got broken into and my fnp9 got stolen so I figured I would just get the fnx for the minor tweaks. It is still relatively new to me, only 350rd through. I definitely shot my fnp9 better and it seemed more accurate but I also had 1200 through it before it got jacked, so I need to give it some time. Due to its weight being 10oz lighter than my 229 it is the new carry piece too (and I also shoot it a hell of a lot better than my 220 >_< ) I don't know, maybe its blasphemy to say my fnx is more accurate than my sig - or maybe my sig just isn't as natural a pointer for me as the fnx. You can decide.

If my dad has some spare reloading supplies I am going to buy some bullets and primers off him and do some reloading going for the 9s. I will have to buy some .40 though for my sig, don't think he got dies for .40/10mm yet. Good thing its a long weekend, I want to do some mad reloading and make up for missed range time the past few months.