Wheelchair carry

The day after Christmas I slipped on ice, the result was a broken ankle and am using a wheelchair (manual) to get around. Can anyone render any advice on a method of carry? After researching, I am probably going with a fanny/waiste pack. I would appreciate hearing any other ideas from the forum.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 73challenger
The un-broken one of course.

Ahh duh. I should have thought about that. I just have read where people suggested ankle carry for long drives or working a desk job.

SOB holster either positioned at 5-6 o'clock or at 3 o'clock. At 3 o'clock it's perfectly angled for easy draw.

Of coarse that's probably useless to you since you're in a drug store chair.... in which case I would just click a cheap Uncle Mikes holster on the inside of the arm rest.

Fanny packs just irritate me, but they do work for some. Problem is it takes such a big effin' fanny pack to conceal even a small gun.

Should have had the doctor plaster you up a holster in the cast and sling mess... If you have enough "hardware" on that leg, you might be able to hide something small to mid sized there. Depending on what you plan to do and what gun you have, you could just sit on it as well, for example put in a pillow, put the gun against the side under the pillow, then sit on the pillow. Since your condition is temporary, you don't have to spend money on new holsters and whatnot, be creative and you will find an acceptable solution for a few weeks.