Crossbreed Supertuck Springfield XD Sub Compact

Guest Kamikaze

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez
It is designed for concealed carry out of the box. You just choose to have an issue with aesthetics. I seriously doubt someone is going to see something on your belt with a little cross on it and their immediate thought is "Oh my god, he's got a gun!" ;)

Maybe not. But if you were, say, Jewish, and someone saw some crosses on your belt, they might wonder why they were there. That might invite a bit closer inspection. Though with how unobservant people are, perhaps not. May still make you uncomfortable, though.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
Maybe not. But if you were, say, Jewish, and someone saw some crosses on your belt, they might wonder why they were there. That might invite a bit closer inspection. Though with how unobservant people are, perhaps not. May still make you uncomfortable, though.

I'd be willing to bet if you contacted Crossbreed, they'd send you a pair without the cross. Probably even for free. I broke one of mine (the plastic version), sent them an email inquiring about purchasing replacements, and they sent me a new pair, free.

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez
I'd be willing to bet if you contacted Crossbreed, they'd send you a pair without the cross. Probably even for free. I broke one of mine (the plastic version), sent them an email inquiring about purchasing replacements, and they sent me a new pair, free.

Other than the J-clips, do they even make a metal clip without the cross? That would be my bigger concern, as I wouldn't expect them to manufacture something special just for one person.

That was actually part of the dilemma I had when I ordered my holster. I didn't want one with crosses on it, and I came very close to ordering a Comp-Tac instead. Ultimately I decided on the Qwik Tuck because it didn't have the crosses and because my carry gun is very light weight (and it has worked out wonderfully, I might add), but if that had not been an option I would have probably ended up with the Comp-Tac or similar.

It is designed for concealed carry out of the box. You just choose to have an issue with aesthetics. I seriously doubt someone is going to see something on your belt with a little cross on it and their immediate thought is "Oh my god, he's got a gun!" :(

No, it is not a question of mere aesthetics. Having a raised design (cross or any other symbol) makes it more noticeable and the main idea behind this style of holster is discreet carry. Would someone automatically think I have a gun? Maybe, maybe not. But they would be more likely to think I had something hidden in my waistband. A criminal might think perhaps something worth stealing, a law enforcement officer perhaps something illegal. A flat black non-shiny metal clip would be barely noticeable against a black leather belt.

I think that's still giving far too much credit to a generally unobservant public.

Some of us Jews, Pagans, and agnostics don't want to be necessarily wearing crosses period, ya know.

- OS

Good point. I didn't even think of it as a necessarily Christian symbol. I thought it was a cross because the name of the manufacturer is Crossbreed. But even if they put a frigging inverted pentagram on the clip I would have a problem with it. It is unnecessary and only draws attention to the clips. I have always been a believer in function over fashion.

Good point. I didn't even think of it as a necessarily Christian symbol. I thought it was a cross because the name of the manufacturer is Crossbreed. But even if they put a frigging inverted pentagram on the clip I would have a problem with it. It is unnecessary and only draws attention to the clips. I have always been a believer in function over fashion.

From their site....

Mark is often asked about the origin of the name CrossBreed Holsters. He is not ashamed to answer that, although there is some reference to the hybrid nature of his designs, the larger meaning behind his company’s name references the Lord Jesus Christ and His sacrifice upon the cross which was made for all mankind.