Social Flights; a new way to travel

wadejjet

I work for an aircraft charter company based here in Middle TN and we are launching a new program that in short will allow individuals a more cost effective way to fly on private aircraft. This program will help group people together who are interested in going to the same destinations (ex. sporting events, travel hotspots, etc.) and allow the cost to be split among all passengers.

Flying privately means that you wake up in the morning, get on the flight, go to the big game, and your home to sleep in your bed that night. No security lines, no pat downs, no screening, no waiting at the airport for hours before your trip; show up and walk right out to the plane. Simple.

I'm certain many of you will suspect that this kind of travel isn't "Southwest cheap" and most us can't afford to do this every weekend. But it may be cheaper than you think. For instance, a roundtrip on a private jet to Dallas for the Super Bowl next month is only about the cost of a mid-range 1911 (there are two seats remaining!).

If you would like any more information about Social Flights or chartering an aircraft, please PM me, I'll be happy to talk with you.

(Thanks to TGO David for allowing me the opportunity to promote this venture)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work for an aircraft charter company based here in Middle TN and we are launching a new program that in short will allow individuals a more cost effective way to fly on private aircraft. This program will help group people together who are interested in going to the same destinations (ex. sporting events, travel hotspots, etc.) and allow the cost to be split among all passengers.

Flying privately means that you wake up in the morning, get on the flight, go to the big game, and your home to sleep in your bed that night. No security lines, no pat downs, no screening, no waiting at the airport for hours before your trip; show up and walk right out to the plane. Simple.

I'm certain many of you will suspect that this kind of travel isn't "Southwest cheap" and most us can't afford to do this every weekend. But it may be cheaper than you think. For instance, a roundtrip on a private jet to Dallas for the Super Bowl next month is only about the cost of a mid-range 1911 (there are two seats remaining!).

If you would like any more information about Social Flights or chartering an aircraft, please PM me, I'll be happy to talk with you.

(Thanks to TGO David for allowing me the opportunity to promote this venture)

I'm still banning you. :rofl:

Seriously though, this does sound like a cool thing. How many people does it take for this to start being cost effective? Is it probably going to be limited to events like the Super Bowl, or can a group of hunters get a pretty good deal when flying out to Colorado to bag some game?

I'm still banning you. :shrug:

Seriously though, this does sound like a cool thing. How many people does it take for this to start being cost effective? Is it probably going to be limited to events like the Super Bowl, or can a group of hunters get a pretty good deal when flying out to Colorado to bag some game?

It doesn't have to be an event as popular as the Super Bowl. We recently had a group of about 60 Mississippi State fans travel on 3 of our planes to Jacksonville, FL for a bowl game. They had a great time. Every year we have a couple of groups of guys who travel to go hunt and fish. One group of 12 or so spends a few days in South Dakota pheasant hunting (I flew that trip this year...had my share of SD quickly) and another group heads to Arkansas for trout fishing, followed by a trip to Tunica for gambling. A short trip to Tunica for a couple of nights in one of our 19 seat turbo props is quite affordable when the cost is split 19 ways.

Neat idea. It would be cool to get a group of friends together to fly to Vegas or something. What kind of aircraft do you use?

The folks in this department are working on a trip to Vegas currently. I haven't seen the numbers for it, but based on the airplane they're trying to fill for this one (Gulfstream IVSP), it won't be too cheap probably. We operate about 30 airplanes. Everything from 8 seat King Airs, to 30 seat Jetstream 41's, and all sizes and configurations in between. We pretty much have the aircraft for any mission. Glad to see there is some interest in this here.

wadejjet I might be interested in something like this in the future. It would be cost dependent. My wife has never been on a plane and sometime I might be interested in a one day trip like that to take her some place. Kinda like the one day turn around.

Not anytime soon, just getting though Christmas bills right now.

Guest drv2fst

What a coincidence. I had lunch with your CFO last week and he was telling me about this new program. Sounds like a lot of fun. Should be a great program. I used to work for a company that flew us around on their private fleet. It will spoil you.

wadejjet I might be interested in something like this in the future. It would be cost dependent. My wife has never been on a plane and sometime I might be interested in a one day trip like that to take her some place. Kinda like the one day turn around.

Not anytime soon, just getting though Christmas bills right now.

That's something we can definitely talk about whenever you're ready. Something I'll also mention are our one way opportunities. Basically when we have an airplane flying empty between two cities, each person can fly for $150 per person, per flight! Those flights are distributed through a weekly email. Anyone who would like to recieve that list can follow this link to sign up: Plane Conversations: Empty Leg Opportunities | Plane Conversations

So how about a link to your website?

This will take you to our website: www.flycfm.com. I believe there is a Social Flights website that will be launching soon, but not quite yet.

What a coincidence. I had lunch with your CFO last week and he was telling me about this new program. Sounds like a lot of fun. Should be a great program. I used to work for a company that flew us around on their private fleet. It will spoil you.

Awesome! He's a great guy. You are correct though, and that's exactly what we try to do for our clients on every trip.

Guest drv2fst

Rumor has it, the Social Flights site should be up in two weeks or less. Sometimes those dates slip a bit but should be very soon anyway. I'll be anxious to see it.

• 2 weeks later...