Nashville area people?

As I left the Fairgrounds show today with my kids I was almost to my truck in the parking lot, and I see some guys with an open trunk about twenty feet away checking out a shotgun.. While I watched, one of them puts the stock to his shoulder and looked down the barrel with it pointed right at us, then he fanned it down the row of cars. We started getting in the truck, and he pointed it at us again, and this time left it there.. As we dove for cover, I yelled at him to stop pointing it at us! "Oops, sorry" he says with a big smile, "don't worry, it's not loaded" - as he says this, he jacks the slide, and OUT POPS A SHELL! He and his buddies thought it was pretty funny.

If I hadn't been so shook by it, I would have stopped and let my ten year old lecture him on the rules of gun safety. As it was, I'm probably lucky I was still unloaded from the show..!

BTW - the show was packed while we were there - same old vendors, and a lot of guys selling personal guns. I got to look at one of the new Ruger LC9s at a table just inside the door.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend and I went to the Nashville show today. Overall, I thought it was pretty good, but inventory of certain guns was real low. I kept an eye out for a Savage Model 10 with Accu-Trigger, in .223 or .308. I don't believe I saw one in the building. Remington 1100s were just about none existent. I had a couple of other makes and models I was interested in, but didn't see more than a couple in the whole show. I didn't see much money changing hands for "walk around" guns on the floor either. There were plenty of rifles, a few shotguns, and some of the exotic makes and models in the walk around crowd. I carried one shotgun, and it turned out to be about the nicest of that make and model in the house. Got lots of inquires, and compliments, but no offers. I talked with some of the other guys and they said buying was real slow, as no one has money. I think this could be seen in the mark downs and bargains that were available by the dealers. One person said the income tax checks hasn't been received yet... cause the government doesn't have any money either! You had to pick and choose... but there were some bargains to be had at the fairgrounds today. I would go back... but I'm looking forward to the Murfreesboro show next weekend.

The LC9 was at the corner of the first table in the second row from the right - just inside the door. Lock and Load I think - the owners name is Ed.

I was looking forward to seeing one, but I didn't care for it much - just didn't fit my hand right.