American Classic Commander

Guest bdp07

Welp, I just traded in my old tupperware gun for a American Classic Commander. I freaking love this gun. It is a very nice gun for the price and pretty dang accurate at the range. I will be using this gun for my carrying permit class this Saturday, can't wait!

100MEDIA_IMAG0158.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0159.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive heard good things about those pistols. Turkey makes good weapons IMO. Looked at one at the shop tue . Thinking 479 and the guys said they would stand behind it. I bet you in a couple years they will be round the same price as a springer. Anyone in the market for a good 1911 at a reasonable price they need to look at one of these and snag it up. Very nice gun bdp07 hope you enjoy it. AL

Ive heard good things about those pistols. Turkey makes good weapons IMO. Looked at one at the shop tue . Thinking 479 and the guys said they would stand behind it. I bet you in a couple years they will be round the same price as a springer. Anyone in the market for a good 1911 at a reasonable price they need to look at one of these and snag it up. Very nice gun bdp07 hope you enjoy it. AL

Metro Arms pistols are not made in Turkey.

Dolomite

Guest spoolie

Great buy Thomas!! FYI...most all production model 1911 frames come from 2 places...Brazil or Manilla. Sorry to burst someones bubble.

Rock Island/ATI/American Classic/Metro Arms are made and assembled in Philippines.

Taurus/Springfield/Remingtion/STI use parts from Philippines/Brazil and are assembled in USA.

Guest Aces&8s

I just got back from Tri-Cities Gun Depot, where I checked out the American Classic and American Classic II. I have to say, I was impressed with these guns. I had heard so much good stuff about the RIAs, that I walked in the door prepared to buy a Rock Island, but after having fondled, er, I mean, examined the Metro Arms guns, I think I may opt for the American Classic II. Combat hammer, full beavertail, lightened trigger, extended thumb safety and slide release, not to mention the fact that the action seemed so much smoother than the RIA, all for just a few dollars more. I like the stocks on the Rock Island better, but who am I kidding, custom grips would be one of the first things I change, right? Thanks for posting this thread, bdp07... you have given me much to think about. Especially whether I want to go old school blued, or hold out for the hard chrome...

Thanks for all the comments guys. The only problem I had with the gun so far is the stock magazine. I switched to a Wilson Combat magazine and I haven't had a feed issue.

Also the permit class is sooo easy. I can't believe we actually had two people fail the written test in my class. Going to get fingerprinted tomorrow!!