Tallahassee gun prices

Guest JONO2

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

money hungry is all i can say... back in the day when i was stupid... i pawned my sig sp2022 for 200...i can just bet what they sold it for... over 400 im sure, have no idea why they have to rape people on prices, i mean you HAVE to make 100%-150% return on it? come on now...thats why i hardly EVER buy anything around here, always shop on the internet, and the gun shows are a joke too... super high prices, once in a blue moon i can catch a deal around here... have to hagle with them though, im not paying $500-$600 for a Ruger LCR when i can buy them all day long off the internet for $350, its rediculus what people charge, plus the stupid TN sales tax, i do shop on the classifieds here and on the internet...i am a life long member of the NPR club...Never Pay Retail

I agree that FL gun prices were outrageous when I was down there two weeks ago moving my wife to Pensacola. The plan is to sell our house here in Hermitage, move there and open my new shop in the Pensacola area, calling it Florida Tactical or something like that since Tennessee Police Supply won't cut it anymore...lol.

I spend time in both states (FL&TN) and don't see much difference in prices but I do see a big difference in the sales tax. Doesn't seem like a lot until you spend 1K or so.

The panic started before the election and most took advantage of it and most still are!

i think there is TONS of supply...if you can find a good transfer FFL, which i think tnsportingarms does $10 FFL transfers for TGO members which is a steal, and all of the guns on budsgunshop.com are free shipping, or anywhere on the internet for that matter

i think there is TONS of supply...if you can find a good transfer FFL, which i think tnsportingarms does $10 FFL transfers for TGO members which is a steal, and all of the guns on budsgunshop.com are free shipping, or anywhere on the internet for that matter

tnsportingarms ? don't see them listed on the vender list, where are they?

Guest nicemac
tnsportingarms ? don't see them listed on the vender list, where are they?

On Charlotte Pike in Bellevue, close to Costco.

Edited by nicemac

The only thing I can figure is that when a pawn shop takes in a firearm to resell they must immediately send it out to have the barrel lined in gold. That is just about the only thing I can think of that might remotely justify some of the sticker prices I have seen in pawn shops. Case in point, just last Saturday I saw an older 10/22 in a pawn shop. I would describe it as appearing quite used. It was blued (well, at one time, anyway) with a not very impressive looking wooden stock, had a dirty, fraying, fabric sling and a clear plastic extended magazine. The whole thing looked like it might have been dropped off the back of a pickup a couple of times. The sticker price? $189. Heck, you can buy a brand new 10/22 at Walmart for nine dollars more ($198) and it isn't like the worn-out sling and beat-up plastic mag added that much value.

Around here, it has been my experience that some gun shops have better prices than others. Dick's and Gander Mountain tend to price their stuff high (at least as high as the most expensive gun shops) unless you can catch something on sale. Pawn shops seem to be completely outrageous in pricing, even higher than Dick's or Gander, and tend to want new gun prices for very used guns. Of course, it isn't just guns. I have seen other items for sale at pawnshops that I could literally get brand new at Walmart for less.

Edited by JAB
The only thing I can figure is that when a pawn shop takes in a firearm to resell they must immediately send it out to have the barrel lined in gold.

totally agree, just the other day went to a local pawn shop in the Boro here... saw a Sig Pro 2022...( i use to have one and really want another) looked at the sticker and said GOOD LAWD thats a lotta money... it was over $600, then i come home and look on budsgunshop.com (use the internet a lot) and hum what ya know they have some in stock for a little over $300, all i can think of is they buy there stuff off the net and double the price and put it on the shelf... also saw one of the relic revolvers aimsurplus.com has for 100 bucks in the case for double the price...

Pawn shops and guns don't mix.

Thing is, folks on other gun boards (folks who live in other parts of the country) sometimes post good deals that they have found in pawn shops. Of course, they also post what they paid for a particular gun at their LGS and it is often a good bit less than what the same gun would go for here, even in the best/least expensive shops. Either those folks are lying (why would they?) or guns are just more expensive in this area, in general (but, thankfully, not as expensive as some other areas.)

Pawn shops around here seem to be ridiculously expensive, though - especially on guns. I know people say that pawn shops put a particular price on a gun expecting that the customer will want to haggle and some of those aforementioned guys from other parts of the country have mentioned haggling in their posts. Thing is, though, when the starting price is so high that you'd still be paying too much even if you haggled them down to 1/2 of what they have on the price tag, it really isn't worth trying.

Thing is, folks on other gun boards (folks who live in other parts of the country) sometimes post good deals that they have found in pawn shops. Of course, they also post what they paid for a particular gun at their LGS and it is often a good bit less than what the same gun would go for here, even in the best/least expensive shops. Either those folks are lying (why would they?) or guns are just more expensive in this area, in general (but, thankfully, not as expensive as some other areas.)

Pawn shops around here seem to be ridiculously expensive, though - especially on guns. I know people say that pawn shops put a particular price on a gun expecting that the customer will want to haggle and some of those aforementioned guys from other parts of the country have mentioned haggling in their posts. Thing is, though, when the starting price is so high that you'd still be paying too much even if you haggled them down to 1/2 of what they have on the price tag, it really isn't worth trying.

well it's totally WRONG... pawn shops ream you out good... i think i gave $450 for my sig SP2022, and was forced to sell it when i was young broke and stupid... they gave me $225 for it, not sure what they ended up selling it for...but im sure it was twice what they gave me for it, in any case...some stupid newbe will go in there and get ripped off buying an over priced gun and not know the difference, same with gun shows...way over priced unless you find a pvt seller you can usually haggle with them and get a good deal... i once bought a 5906 at a pawn shop here in the boro for like $350 year or so ago...thats like a needle in a hay stack though and was not a GREAT deal but reasonable for the firearm, and thats all i got...one mag no box or anything...

Guest nicemac
well it's totally WRONG... pawn shops ream you out good... i think i gave $450 for my sig SP2022, and was forced to sell it when i was young broke and stupid... they gave me $225 for it, not sure what they ended up selling it for...but im sure it was twice what they gave me for it, in any case...some stupid newbe will go in there and get ripped off buying an over priced gun and not know the difference, same with gun shows...way over priced unless you find a pvt seller you can usually haggle with them and get a good deal... i once bought a 5906 at a pawn shop here in the boro for like $350 year or so ago...thats like a needle in a hay stack though and was not a GREAT deal but reasonable for the firearm, and thats all i got...one mag no box or anything...

It is not a rip-off if you don't have to buy it. Seller sets price, buyer can buy or walk.

Guest mbushell

Its ummm... TALLASSEE, TN i live here as well. Its on Tellico lake? Maybe im thinking of the wrong town? Gun prices here are great if you know where to look. Bills Outpost in Maryville is fair. There is a gun shop near chilhowee park on Alco hwy ( cant remember the name), but he has killer prices. They both carry many semi autos for under$ 400.

It is not a rip-off if you don't have to buy it. Seller sets price, buyer can buy or walk.

thats very true... but seems like they would realize there compition on the internet and have a reasonable price on a used firearm if they want business, just like some gun stores around here are out ragious, On Target is sky high, usually Out Post is running right there with um, i do shoot at on target once in a blue moon usually cost over 20 bucks for that...