vette mechanic

laktrash

Anybody know of anybody that works on older vettes. I have 69 that needs sme work probably rear bearing , ujoints maybe rearend . I don't know . It in decent shape but no show car I 've had it since I was 20 ( now 58) I've check a couple vette forums but no luck. Like to stay in east tenn but willing to go farther. Its just sitting and would like to get it running again. I don't want to offend anyone but vettes are a piece of :popcorn:. I would much rather a 60's muscle car Its always something I've just had this one so long and maybe would like to pass it on to my 4 year grandaughter one day

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing wheel bearings isn't that bad, or changing u-joints in the half shafts not that difficult. As for the rearend, if its making a little noise. Try draining it and replacing the gear oil and add some limited-slip lube to it, take it to a large parking lot and do some really tight semi-circles, and figure eights. This works the gears and clutches back and forth, probably kind of sticky from sitting up. This is want I was told and done some years back in my '72. Helped it out amazingly well. And yeah they (Corvettes) are not all they are cracked up to be, but they sure can hang some curves.

Changing wheel bearings isn't that bad, or changing u-joints in the half shafts not that difficult. As for the rearend, if its making a little noise. Try draining it and replacing the gear oil and add some limited-slip lube to it, take it to a large parking lot and do some really tight semi-circles, and figure eights. This works the gears and clutches back and forth, probably kind of sticky from sitting up. This is want I was told and done some years back in my '72. Helped it out amazingly well. And yeah they (Corvettes) are not all they are cracked up to be, but they sure can hang some curves.

Thanks but changing plugs are challenge to me. I've got to get it running when it warms up I think the old plugs were fowled out from running to rich its 10.5 to 1 so I cut fuel wth racing blend

Small block with some work & th 400. back in the 70's I didn't want a big block or 4 speed what was i thinkin'. Its actually a pretty decent driver . New leather interior, fresh paint. alll new suspension,fuel tank, radiator, fuel lines rebuilt trans. engine was rebulit years ago but with still good. underdrive pulleys, torker intake with holley, hooker headers with leg burner side pipes Just got side tracked on boating and lost interest. like a said no show car but to nice to let sit try post some pic. My wife says fix or get rid of it it was drivable and then the noises started so Iparked it.