Any golfers here?

Guest forte10

Guest forte10

Just moved out to Chattanooga, TN area and have been meaning to get out and play more. Played a few times at Brainerd, Brown Acres and Lookout Mountain. Working on a membership at Black Creek, but would enjoy getting out for some casual golf with some members here. Currently in process of getting back my amateur status, but enjoy just going out and hitting the ball around.

Anyone up for some golf?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy it too when I can find the time. I grew up in Hixson, my Dad is still a member at Creeks Bend. I can't imagine how many rounds I've played there. Once upon a time I could shoot mid 70's. Lack of practice time has pushed that up to mid 80's. But I still enjoy it.

I play at golf. During the summer, I will usually play 9 or 18 holes at Knob North after work with some of our salesmen. Although I enjoy it, I pretty much stink at golf since I don't really play all that much. I have only shot in the 70's three times. Typically, when I get to play at least once a week, I will shoot in the mid to high 80s. However, when I don't get to play all that much (once a month), I will shoot in the mid 90's.

Although I hardly ever play on the weekends, I guess I could be ranked right along with a weekend duffer.

Guest clownsdd

Better half and I play all the time, got a heater and cover for the cart. Memphis mainly. You should check out the golf deals in the state parks. In Montgomery Bell Stat Park we got a night in the hotel, range balls and all the golf we could play for a day for $150.00 really good deal.

Guest Blown4v
If I make it out that way I will let ya know. I am usually in high 60's to low 70's as game has gone downhill lately....

obviously you're not that good if you only shoot high 60s low 70s, geez :shrug:

Anyone up for some golf?

No, but we ride bicycles (or throw things at people who do). It's the TGO way...

I tried playing golf once when they tried to teach us how in 7th grade PhysEd class. I dug some holes in the dirt...decided golf was probably not my game.

I should try again though. It seems to be a prerequisite to working in any type of executive level role at the office.

Guest forte10

Nothing wrong with weed hockey(never heard this term). Its like a bad game of hide and go seek for a little white ball. The key to shooting in 60's is to quit the round early. Robin Williams summed up golf best though. Working for a golf company I find it is "required" you play golf somewhat regularly :)

[quote=forte10;696536 Working for a golf company I find it is "required" you play golf somewhat regularly :drama:

it doesnt hurt, I enjoy it myself

Like to have a set of scratch heads tho :D

Guest forte10
it doesnt hurt, I enjoy it myself

Like to have a set of scratch heads tho ;)

Somewhat informed I take it. I think I saw a couple sets somewhere recently. :bowrofl:

I know one set is in my bag...

Somewhat informed I take it. I think I saw a couple sets somewhere recently. :doh:

I know one set is in my bag...

and I would like to have a set of heads to build, just to much $$$ for a project

Edited by rbl
Guest forte10

Don't worry, I have 176 sets to build in the next 10 days and 2600 wedges. Should come by the shop sometime if you are ever in the area.

Don't worry, I have 176 sets to build in the next 10 days and 2600 wedges. Should come by the shop sometime if you are ever in the area.

I'd enjoy a trip down, but Im in the golf business ;)

no such thing as free time