Anyone do cars?

Guest Blown4v

I'll stick with my triple black 1972 GTO.

I have the numbers matching 400 on a stand in the garage.

It now has a 72 block 455 bored .060 over, Edelbrock Aluminum heads, Performer RPM intake, a big ass Comp Cam, and a few extra goodies internal.

According to the math, it is putting out around 500HP with right around 500 Lb/ft of torque.

The best part is when I open the hood, it looks bone stock.

The only way anyone knows that its not is if they hear the engine run.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest buttonhook

2220934_2.jpg2220934_1.jpg

this is a nissan maxima with the FULL stillen package

I had a fox bodied mustang conv. that would run 10's in the 1/4 (on street tires) before this...I miss it.

Edited by buttonhook

Stillen is a Tuning company for Nissians.

I have Supercharged Buick Regal.

Wife wont let me mod it though.

Love to light up the tires next to little Civics at stoplights.

That is beautiful.

I saw a Lime green one very similar to that, although i believe it was a 56, about a week ago in Knoxville.

I have yearning for one.

All you "car" guys need to come out for the sprig cruise and pigeon shoot (see my sig)...it's not just for Nissan Zs and we have a LOT of fun trying to shoot those damn clay pigeons. We had a couple of people from TGO last year.

I promise that while leading the cruise I'll go slow enough so all of your old vehicles can keep up :)

Guest Blown4v
2220934_2.jpg2220934_1.jpg

I had a fox bodied mustang conv. that would run 10's in the 1/4 (on street tires) before this...I miss it.

fox body, vert, street tires, 10s??? u sure it was the 1/4? I dont know you, so I dont want to offend you, but I've been around these cars for a long time and I've seen and had many foxes, some big power, some not so big, but 10s in a fox vert on street tires is hard to believe, got more details on the car?? Not saying it isnt possible, but its a very difficult task to accomplish

Edited by Blown4v
Guest Blown4v

very tidy, nice challenger!

Here are a few of the 04:

25k miles,never seen rain or snow. 1 of 94 2004s with white/black

04cobra7-17003.jpg

04cobra7-17005.jpg

04cobra7-17017.jpg

Edited by Blown4v
Guest bubruins

I just purchased a Miata. Is it my dream car? No. But it makes for a pretty good "poor while in college car" and is very rewarding to drive. Though this one will probably stay close to stock, I am planning on building a Lotus Seven based replica from the ground up (based on Miata parts) after I graduate and get established.

Anyone else in the hobby?

Not right now. I sold my last Vette a couple of years ago, a 1978 Corvette Indy Pace Car.

Any of you guys go to the Friday night Murfreesboro Cruise in’s? I haven’t been to it in a long time; but when it was at Stones river it was rumored to be one of (if not the) largest weekly cruise in in the country. I was there one night when the car count went well over 400. willy_nilly.gif

PaceCar005.jpg

Guest Moody

Yup... the car hobby supercedes my gun hobby.

I currently have a 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442 W-30 4-speed that I never drive, and a 1997 Toyota Supra that I have set up as a track car (not drag). The Cutlass has some bolt-ons (older, period-correct parts), like a Holly 750, Hooker Supercomp headers, and an old Edelbrock intake manifold. It makes around 410HP and 460ft. lbs out of a 455. The Supra is on a built motor and head, with a larger turbo and supporting mods, and has made a variety of numbers: 832RWHP (back in 2007), 620RWHP in 2008 after a turbo swap for more response, and on down to around 600RWHP with an even smaller turbo at 21psi, but with gobs of torque and a powerband that's just awesome. It's currently set up with strength in all the right areas: brakes, suspension, and aero in the form of an undertray. It's running 110Leaded.

Here are a couple of pictures...

SupraNashvilleBackdrop.jpg?t=1299250591

OldsmobileCutlass.jpg

Edited by Moody
I can't spell.
Not right now. I sold my last Vette a couple of years ago, a 1978 Corvette Indy Pace Car.

Any of you guys go to the Friday night Murfreesboro Cruise in’s? I haven’t been to it in a long time; but when it was at Stones river it was rumored to be one of (if not the) largest weekly cruise in in the country. I was there one night when the car count went well over 400. willy_nilly.gif

PaceCar005.jpg

I go to the Murfreesboro cruise in at least a few times every year as well as the Belevue Cruise-in (M'boro is much larger/better I think).

The Murfreesboro cruise-in is held at the new Avenue shopping center (at least I assume it will be back there this year).

Another great event, especially for "older" American Muscle is the Somernights cruise held every month in Somerset, Ky...the PowerCruise which they do once a year to get to Somerset is a really awesome experience.

Guest m14man

i have a 70 ss shevelle 396/375hp 4 speed rock crusher, 410 12 bolt, no air no power anything, currently with welds prostars skinnys up front and some 275 60 15 mickey radials on rear.has a few minor improvements. I also have a all original 87 buick t-type we4 package,one of 1547 made. had 8467 miles on it one owner never been in the rain. stock down to the part identification number stickers still stuck to the wheels.

pics

VEGAS037.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Guest NashvegasMatt
Stillen is a Tuning company for Nissians.

I have Supercharged Buick Regal.

Wife wont let me mod it though.

Love to light up the tires next to little Civics at stoplights.

If you light up your tires at my "little civic" all you'll see is my license plate(SHFTAT9) Not running a h22a1 with port, polish, studs, 27lb of boost, obd1 flash with hondata. ya lets see how that works out.lol. Then again, that's the built car, the daily driver might even give you a run for the money....I love pulling up to old guys in their brand new corvettes with their loud exaust and just waving good bye.

blackmitsubishilancerev.jpg

there is one car i will not even mess with... the new skyline... ut un, no way. that thing is nasty.

Edited by NashvegasMatt
Guest glock20

nice cobra.i have a mineral gray 03 with a whipple and all kinds of bolt ons.it was dynotuned by joe at dynospeed.i also have a 08 z06 with a few things done to it also

Guest Blown4v

Now we are seeing some cars, lots of older hot rods, a few imports, and an 800rw Supra that probably runs 13s( j/k) cause it cant hook, has to run from a roll, but will pull on bikes lol. really, lots of really solid cars in here, keep em coming

Glock20, Joe tuned my last Cobra with the procharger, he's a really good guy

Guest buttonhook
What's a STILLEN package?...and get your Mustang back....

Blower, brakes, suspension, interior, exterior, basically they do nissan like roush does mustangs....cant get my stang back it was stolen and ran through a house...:(

the nissan will run high 12's on a "cold" day

Guest buttonhook
fox body, vert, street tires, 10s??? u sure it was the 1/4? I dont know you, so I dont want to offend you, but I've been around these cars for a long time and I've seen and had many foxes, some big power, some not so big, but 10s in a fox vert on street tires is hard to believe, got more details on the car?? Not saying it isnt possible, but its a very difficult task to accomplish

yeap I'm sure!...I ran a 10.32 at 132mph at bristol (track and tune day) the street tires caused the high ET compared to the trap speed my 60 ft time where really bad!! but once it got traction it was a BEAST!!!...when coming back to the staging area they then "asked" me to leave and not come back until I had the proper saftey equipment like 10 point cage etc....

BTW I wasn't running a 302....I was running a SVO alum 351 block bored and stroked to 427ci, eagle rods, forged pistons, a 9# paxton centrifical and 32v dominion (spelling) push rod heads (i'm not even sure they still make those) I didn't build the car so i can't tell you much more off the top of my head (it's been awhile 13 years). Oh and custom sheet metal intake, etc, etc.....I was also not running the stock 225's...and yes it was a heavy beast!!!!! I wish I had built a coupe...the conv. keep getting twisted up by the motor. I can tell you that the t-5 will not make it out of the shops parking lot with that much power :( I was told to becareful...I wasn't :) and built t-56 will hold most of the time....except the input shaft ask me how I know that....

BTW I didnt take an offense to it...I've also owned a few of these fox bodies (4) and this thing was wicked fast..... in 1995 a friend of mine had a viper and lets just say the trash taking stopped one night! also this was also the car that I got clock by the THP on I-81 at 153mph (still climbing)....that wasn't a great night! needless to say I dont do that anymore!!

Edited by buttonhook