IDPA point-based system

Guest farmerscsmith

Guest farmerscsmith

im not very happy about this new system! i cant afford to go all over the country to matches . i will have 6 points and i shoot 2 or 3 local matches a month i dont think it is fair to the working joe! :(

Edited by farmerscsmith
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest farmerscsmith

So, pretty much unless you are wealthy or wear a shirt with a company’s logo that pays you some sort of expense to cover travel and allows you to attend alot of matches, just stay home and don’t bother them.

I'm not sure where Gainesboro is, but I bet you wouldn't have to drive too far to rack up plenty of points. We in the South are blessed with lots of sanctioned matches. Heck, I bet six points will get you into the Nats. I wanted to go this year, but neither a 13 hour one-way drive nor plane trip+car rental for several days was appealing. I was hoping it would be in Atlanta or even Little Rock.

So, pretty much unless you are wealthy or wear a shirt with a company’s logo that pays you some sort of expense to cover travel and allows you to attend alot of matches, just stay home and don’t bother them.

+1 even if there are lots of majors in the south, the $,s still add up fast, match fees, food and travel. and cost cost twice as much if you shoot with wife or kids.

Guest farmerscsmith

but it was started as a grass roots cc sport what happen to that instead of how many frist or second place wins u got it more about how much money u spend going to matches

I may have read it incorrectly, but I don't think it has to do with first or second place finishes. I still have mixed feelings about it. Our group sent their stuff overnight every year and never had any problems geting into the Nats. Some folks on idpaforum claim that it was hit or miss whether you were selected. Whatever. It's too far and I'm not going.

Guest farmerscsmith

it should go by where u place in State, Regional or National Championship matches not by how many matches u go to!!!

Some would probably argue that that would go against the spirit of IDPA--performance is not rewarded, other than a trophy or plaque. Prizes are given randomly, regardless of performance. I personally wouldn't have a problem with it, but HQ would probably veto it.

it should go by where u place in State, Regional or National Championship matches not by how many matches u go to!!!

do not forget that it is possible to have a great day, get a bump and not place again for some time. last year we got into the nationals with just a stamp, but had to shoot the match all in one day it was rough. and we have not shot a major since. we did it to say that we had done it. with no plans to go again. but now it is called a world championship we will apply and see what happens. yes it a long drive, but if you love the sport IDPA, 3 gun etc. there are always new and different challanges to a new place. and we have never been anywhere that we did not more than a few people.

Edited by RWF

Having a match in Florida you could bring the wife and kids on vacation and spend a couple half days shooting the match. All I'm saying is there will be more people wanting to shoot since its in Florida. If you want numbers just pick a state where the whole family can have fun and most women love the beach and Disney World therefore dad gets to go shooting

Having a match in Florida you could bring the wife and kids on vacation and spend a couple half days shooting the match. All I'm saying is there will be more people wanting to shoot since its in Florida. If you want numbers just pick a state where the whole family can have fun and most women love the beach and Disney World therefore dad gets to go shooting

+1 on family friendly. for the last few years it has been in OK at a great range but last year just before the Nats the owner of the range died and i think the bank was taking over, not sure have not kept up with it. so that could be a big part of the change.