Kahr Pm9

jitdc

I am interested in buying a PM9 or even possibly the new CM9 but I had one question. I know that the Kahrs have a 200 round break in period. Is it a good idea to take the gun to the range and put 300-400 down through it at one time? Just making sure I don't heat it up too much. It may be a stupid question I know.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the www.kahrtalk.com forum has plenty of information about the kahrs. in the tech section there is a thread for tips on cleaning, and one on prepping the kahr before going to shoot. as for shooting 3 or 4 hundred rounds in one day, well that is up to you. if you shoot 200 rounds and are still getting multiple malfunctions then I wouldn't waste the other 200 rounds, I would check the forum to see about a similar instance.

I own a CW-9. I consider it my carrying gun but not my shooting gun. It's not really fun to shoot and I don't think I would want to put 200-300 rounds through it at one time. The first couple of range trips were a disaster with all kinds of FTF, FTE issues. I cleaned it after each 50-75 rounds. After a couple of range trips and a few boxes of ammo it cleared up and has been very realiable ever since. I own a G-19 but the Kahr is my EDC becasue it easier for me to conceal and more comfertable to carry.

JTDC-

That's exactly what I did, I purchased the PM9 and 250 rounds and headed straight for the range. I had not then or since a single FTF/FTE with this little power house. I did purchase another 6 round magazine and shelved the extended one that cam with the gun. So far about 600 rounds thru it. It stings abit if you shoot it allot but I wear fingerless gloves.

Edited by Proscene

i don't really get any sort of pain when shooting mine. I picked up mine used, but in LNIB condition. Not a single mark or ding on it ... Previous owner said he had about 200 rounds through her. Have taken her to the range probably 4-5 times, and run atleast 100 rounds down the pipe each time. Never a single issue. She's been a breeze to shoot.

I would say, lube her up good before your first trip, then completely break down and clean after your first trip and you should be good to go.