Q's on the LRP AR9 suppressor and weapon compatibility

Guest bubruins

Guest bubruins

I have a few questions about the Long Range Precision AR9 suppressor.

1st) has anyone even heard of this thing? I can't find any information on the net except for the gunbroker auction that is listing one: NEW LRP AR9 9MM silencer 8.1/2" sound suppressor : Suppressed Firearms / Silencers at GunBroker.com

2nd) since this is an 8.5" length suppressor, is it only suitable on fixed barrel apgplications like the M11 or a sub2000? Could such a long 9mm suppressor be used on a Glock 23 with the Lone Wolf threaded 9mm conversion barrel?

3rd) can .22lr be fired through this suppressor or most 9mm suppressors? I've seen the videos but it would be nice to hear from someone that has actually done it. I understand that .22lr is a much dirtier round and it requires much more frequent cleaning and even possibly firing 9mm every couple hundred rounds to "clean" the suppressor that way. For right now I'd like to only have one suppressor for both a 9mm pistol, a .22 pistol, and a .22 rifle until I can afford a dedicated .22 suppressor. Is this asking too much of an "inexpensive" 9mm suppressor?

I tried the search feature but was not able to find anything about this suppressor in particular (or even the brand). I didn't have much better luck on Google.

Edited by bubruins
forgot the G in Glock...
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A suggestion on a suppressor to fit your needs.

Thompson Machine Isis-9. It is a take apart can. It costs a little more than the LRP that you have linked to but I think you would probably like it more.

The problem right now, is that noone has tested an Isis independently yet. I expect the guys on NFAtalk to review it soon though.

ISISFLYERJPG-2.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

Now to answer some questions. The Isis is F/A rated for 9mm, .22LR, etc. It disassembles for cleaning, and uses a mono-core somewhat similar to our Zephyr and Zephyr XL suppressors.

It is all 6061 T6 with the exception of the piston in the recoil booster mount which is alloy steel. Recoil boosters are $150. Fixed bbl mounts are probably going to run about $55.

Also the Isis accepts all of the Multimount's mounting options. Fixed bbl, recoil booster, tri-lug and Uzi.

All of the Multimount mounts work beautifully in the Isis. Unfortunately, Trident mounts are a no-go as the threads are about .010" too small. One of the beauties of this can is that if you have a MM, you can use the mounts you already have, buy the Isis for $379, and use the Isis on your F/A / rimfire stuff, and not worry about filling up your MM.

DSC_3077.jpg

DSC_3059.jpg

DSC_3058.jpg

Guest bubruins

I just realized that Thompson Machine does not have any authorized vendors in TN. Does anyone know of any that are not listed on their site? I'd really like to avoid a $100 NFA transfer fee - at least that's what On Target quoted me last time I asked.

• 1 month later...
Guest tlawson1911

I have 2 units from LRP 1 an Lone wolf ar 9mm sbr with the ar9 on it.2nd He built me a fully integrated Ruger 2245 MKIII.The AR9 is a great suppressor.With subs it sounds like a pellet rifle.You hear the bolt slap and the bullet impact and that's about it.For the price they are unbeatable.The fit and finish on the Ruger is awesome!I am very pleased with both of them.As far as shooting .22 through a 9mm can,you cant achieve the same results due to the larger diameter of the hole and the escaping gasses.But it should still be pretty quiet.I hope this can give you a little insight and maybe answer your question.I have recommended him to several people and they are very pleased as well.I have spoken with him about making my 9mm ar a fully integrated model.I saw him at a gun show here in Knoxville which is where I found out about him and he had one for display and I fell in love with it.So as soon as I get the extra $ ....

Guest kickstand

LRP's phone number is (865) 712-6725

As far as transfers, avoid On Target, they price gouge. Make the quick drive down to Christiana and go to The Outpost Armory, it's just off the interstate. They are reasonably priced and I had a can from them clear in less than 4 weeks.

Guest colombianito1021

I would go with something a little more expensive....like the AAC Ti-Rant. I just received my stamp and with Fiocchi 158 gr subsonic it is quieter then my .22 mite. It is definitely stupid quiet. Another good choice is the Silencerco Osprey.

They both are now take apart but I would not risk firing .22 through it. Why you may ask? Well because I just don't trust it and don't want a stray 22 to **** up my baffles. Check a thread I started and you can see how much damage a 22 can do.

Guest tlawson1911

I agree with you on .22 through 9mm cans.your suppressor should be matched with your weapon system or at least the same bullet diameter.But, cost is an issue with many people these days and LRP does build quality products at an affordable price.I used a Surefire on my m4 at work and loved it.We also had Knights Armament and Gemtechs depending on our rifle.When I picked up my ruger from LRP I got a chance to see and hear some of his other products. Although they may not be as flashy as some of the big guys they do work very well by comparison.I dont keep a round count,but the ruger is well over a thousand and the 9mm ar9 is in the hundreds if not over a thousand and have had no issues.The guy also has a full service machine shop and he will build you just about anything you can think of within the limits of the law naturally.But! if you can afford it I say go for it and get what you want.I just feel like he treated me right,I got what I wanted and have had zero issues.Oh and he cut me a break for being military.Just food for thought.Dont count the guy out just because he prices his products to sell.