4th amendment under attack in MI

I have a feeling they are tricking people into consenting to it.

Here is the best I can get.

US Police Can Copy Your iPhone’s Contents In Under Two Minutes - TNW United States

They have been using these devices since 2008.

The device can circumvent password restrictions and extract existing, hidden, and deleted phone data,

It does on to say LEO's are known to encourage citizens to cooperate.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling they are tricking people into consenting to it.

Here is the best I can get.

US Police Can Copy Your iPhone’s Contents In Under Two Minutes - TNW United States

They have been using these devices since 2008.

It does on to say LEO's are known to encourage citizens to cooperate.

The CelleBrite UFED is a handheld device that Michigan officers have been using since August 2008 to copy information from mobile phones belonging to motorists stopped for minor traffic violations. The device can circumvent password restrictions and extract existing, hidden, and deleted phone data, including call history, text messages, contacts, images, and geotags.

That's :death: media hype from a TinFoil Hat.

Even the ACLU said they don't have a complainant. They don't have an incident or any evidence that the devices have ever been used on anything; much less a traffic stop.

They have thier panties in a bunch because they found out that MSP has a device that can extract information from a cell phone. Duhhhh.... I would bet THP and Metro can do the same thing; this is after all 2011.