Impact of "Guns in Bars" Legislation One Year Later

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest uofmeet

OMG IF WE ALLOW GUNS IN BARS IT WILL TURN INTO THE WILD WILD WEST AND PEOPLE WILL GET SHOT EVERY TIME SOMEONE GETS DRUNK.....AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notice the sarcasm.....

Guest HvyMtl

Notice the comments. This "Jon" fellow posts the only gun and bar stories posted in the last 2 months were all drunk cops, not permit holders. Dunno if he is right about that.

But I know this: Permit holders are the least likely citizens to commit crimes. Why on earth would you deny the patron 14 times less likely to cause you harm?

It is kind of funny to see the COO of Copper Cellar Corp say that a lot of it was, "...much ado about nothing," and state that nothing has really changed considering that his boss, Mike Chase, was one of the loudest mouths in opposition when the original 'carry in restaurants where alcohol is served' bill was being considered two years ago. Unfortunately, this is the only reference to his stance that I can find, now:

SayUncle » Restaurant Carry

while Chase voiced being against the bill he did not post his restaurants. I have no problem with that.

And obviously the reporter did not do their homewrk. There has been daily instances of alcohol fueled gun battles involving HCP'rs. Well that what we told was going to happen anyway. Oddly enough it has not come to pass.

Notice the comments. This "Jon" fellow posts the only gun and bar stories posted in the last 2 months were all drunk cops, not permit holders. Dunno if he is right about that.

But I know this: Permit holders are the least likely citizens to commit crimes. Why on earth would you deny the patron 14 times less likely to cause you harm?

see, you are using LOGIC which apparently isn't standard for the majority of society.

I am glad to see there was some decent reporting on the actual facts and not something skewed. I knew from the onset that the guns in bars thing would be a non issue. It takes a lot of time, money and effort for most people to get their HCP. This generally means they are more mature and responsible than most. I think this is the reason that HCP holders are not going to be involved in anything they shouldn't be. It is the immature people who generally break the law by carrying a weapon when and where they aren't allowed to.

Personally I wish it would be cheaper to get the permit. When I lived in Alabama it cost me $10 and a 24 hour wait for the background to come back. That was 15 years ago so I am sure things have changed by now but something that quick, inexpensive and easy should be the norm here as well.

The biggest reason I believe it should be at least quick is if someone is in fear for their life from someone and know it. You can get a order of protection but you would still have to wait until you get a HCP to carry. Orders of protection are good but do nothing to deter someone who is intent on doing harm. Maybe if there was a law in place that if you had a order of protection in place you would legally be allowed to carry as though you had a valid HCP. As part of the normal victim advocacy programs ask if the victim plans on carrying to protect themselves and if so have a basic, basic handgun safety course that could be done on a as needed basis in a short time period. Reason I say this is my sister, who is was pretty much anti gun, contacted me about borrowing a gun. Her ex husband is acting really weird and she is really concerned he may try to hurt her. She is getting her HCP but in the mean time she has to travel without a way to protect herself. He is a work of art but I will leave that for another time.

Dolomite

The biggest reason I believe it should be at least quick is if someone is in fear for their life from someone and know it.

Dolomite

The Legislators, individuals and business entities that advocate and work against the Citizen's Right to wear or bear arms for their personal protection are not concerned about your, or your sisters life, it it immaterial to them. They are only concerned with being able to keep control (or in the case of the Legislators, the particular interest of their dollar donors) of a particular piece of soil that they hold temporary title to. If your life, or the life of your child or grandchild is forfeit to succor their ability to hold on to the power to control, so be it.

Right. Most permit holders are paranoid about losing their permit, or having actually use their weapon, they go out of their way to look for potential threats and avoid trouble. I know I am much more aware because I carry then I was before I carried.

Guest Bronker
The Legislators, individuals and business entities that advocate and work against the Citizen's Right to wear or bear arms for their personal protection are not concerned about your, or your sisters life, it it immaterial to them. They are only concerned with being able to keep control (or in the case of the Legislators, the particular interest of their dollar donors) of a particular piece of soil that they hold temporary title to. If your life, or the life of your child or grandchild is forfeit to succor their ability to hold on to the power to control, so be it.

Enter Mr. Sunshine...

:)

Enter Mr. Sunshine...

:)

I do what I can. Would you argue against the premiss?

Have made 4 trips to Nashville this session to advocate for Firearms issue bills, am getting a much better read on the real reasons as to why the Legislature is dealing back door on cutting off debate and floor votes on Campus Carry and the Parking Lot Bills. Check out HB 1003/SB 1915, I think it speaks to lust for power and the reality of why we must swell our ranks of vocal, involved advocates to offset the dollars shortly to flood into the campaigns, effectively rendering the individual moot in the legislative process.

Guest Bronker
I do what I can. Would you argue against the premiss?

Have made 4 trips to Nashville this session to advocate for Firearms issue bills, am getting a much better read on the real reasons as to why the Legislature is dealing back door on cutting off debate and floor votes on Campus Carry and the Parking Lot Bills. Check out HB 1003/SB 1915, I think it speaks to lust for power and the reality of why we must swell our ranks of vocal, involved advocates to offset the dollars shortly to flood into the campaigns, effectively rendering the individual moot in the legislative process.

No, no WM. I agree wholeheartedly. I thank you for taking up the fight on our behalf.

Just busting your pessimistic (and oh so realistic) chops!