Anyone own a POF rifle?

GIJake

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not own one, but have shot several of them quite a bit. I have seen them used in classes and in group settings numerous times. I have also been to their facilities. My experiences and conversations lead me to believe they have some issues yet to work out. They do look neat and from all I have seen and heard the coating holds up pretty well to abuse. But, owners reports have not been glowing. The issues have been in functionality. Now these are guys who also run rifles very hard and they are not happy with but the toughest and well built AR's and AK's as well. They put thousands of rounds down the pipe month. They are also the only people who I have spoken with who own this brand, so I have no knowledge from people who only shoot their POF on occasion for range fun. Just because they can fetter out issues doesn't mean most people will. Also not everyone has the need for that.

If it was me, I would personally look to a more proven piston gun, considering the cost or different design if you are not enamored of the standard AR platform or just want something different. That all said their CS seems to be pretty good if issues arise, the people there are great and they are supportive your right to keep and bear arms.

Edited by Warbird

I had a POF upper and that thing was awesome. All their hype is true IMO. They are over the top for what anyone really needs (feature wise and price wise), but if you get one there will be nothing left to upgrade. It has every bell and whistle known to man. Great guns.

BTW - I had gotten the upper on trade and couldn't justify having so much money tied in one gun. I sold it and bought a whole new AR, handgun, and a bunch of accessories.