SR9

Guest seawolf138

Guest seawolf138

I'm considering picking up an SR9, but I can't seem to find any around town, and I'm not real big on buying a gun that I can't at least hold before I drop the cash. Wondering if anyone would be willing to meet me at coal creek or The Gunny or really anywhere around Knoxville, so I could shoot or even just hold it and dry fire to see how it felt. If someone is willing to let me shoot theirs I will be more than happy to provide my own ammo and an extra box for your trouble (range fees on me of course).

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruger SR9 9MM 17R Stainless $398.00 SHIPS FREE

There is a 3% credit card fee. It generally takes 2 days to ship and in some cases a single day. I have ordered on a Monday morning and picked the gun up Tusday evening.

Then have Bud's send it to:

On Target Training Center, Inc. transparent.png

101 East Inskip Drive, Knoxville, TN (865) 242-4665

He charges $20 for the transfer and $10 for the TICS.

Everything said and done it will be under $440.

Dolomite

I know you want to try the SR9, but I've got the SR9c with the 17-rd extended that might give you some idea? I could meet up at CCA since I have a pass already but could do Gunny's as well on your dime (did my CCW class there). Just thought I'd offer.:D

Ditto to Dolomite_supafly's info--I got my SR9c from Bill's in Maryville/Alcoa last year but have used Bud's several times, and Doug at On Target is great. Send me a PM if interested.

Guest seawolf138

Thanks for the responses. I will definitely check out Bud's when I decide whether or not I'm going to get it. I've not fired a SR9c, but I have held them, and though I like them, they don't fit my hand quite the way I want. On a side note, I just found out a friend of mine bought an SR9 last week, so please disregard my previous request. But again, thank you for the info.

Guest Roadkill Bill

I'm quite happy with mine. I bought it to shoot cheap Russian ammo, and it has turned out to be very accurate and has not had a single FTF.

Guest dubaholic2

i cant believe ive not heard of on target. i live right off of inskip and its new to me. are they an actual gun shop? sorry to hijack

Guest monkeyhumper

Related:

I'm sort of uncomfortable on how much an evangelist for the SR9c I've become.

It's like I'm a brand new christian.

"SERIOUSLY, GUYS! HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD NEWS ABOUT THE SR9c????????????????"

It simply is the snappiest gun I've ever fired.

Except maybe the Uzi. But, that was a different breed of snap.

Guest seawolf138

I haven't been out to On Target either, but according to their website they do sell New and Used, so apparently yes, they are a full shop with range and rentals.

Dolomite can chime in here as well--last I was there Doug had a smaller inventory but had a wide range of accessories and ammo as well. And I'm sure he'd order anything you wanted just like all the other LGS. I always end up walking out with something even if I'm doing a transfer. Consider me an SR9c evangelist, too--ha! I won't have crazy hair and ask for money, though (oops, did I say that out loud?)...:)

Guest Dukebb23
Related:

I'm sort of uncomfortable on how much an evangelist for the SR9c

"SERIOUSLY, GUYS! HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD NEWS ABOUT THE SR9c

Except maybe the Uzi. But, that was a different breed of snap.

I'm going to have to agree here. This was my second gun purchase and it hasn't failed on me yet. A great gun for a Great price. I bought mine used for around 370 bucks. No FTF in 300+ rds that I've shot through it.

On Target was a full time shop but with the economy he has cut his hours back to 5pm-7pm M-F. I am not sure of his hours on Saturday. In his shop as well as at the shows he has about a dozen or so handguns and generally 1/2 that in rifles. He is a decent guy to deal with and he has done may last few transfers.

He also does HCP classes as well.

Dolomite