Oxymoron: Best Looking HiPoint on Planet Earth

graycrait

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils
SA only, actually a nice trigger pull if I remember right..

Thanks Drewglynn

Was reading some about them and it was listed as double action some places, so was curious if that was true.

At that low price, for something resonably accurate and reliable, would seem nice to have as a plinker if nothing else. Especially a pistol manufacturer-recommended to need little or no cleaning. How could a person complain about not having to clean the gun very much?

The biggest problem is this little ditty. "Rack the slide all the way back. Let it move forward an 1/8 inch. Drive out the exposed pin. Remove slide by allowing it to move forward." That's from Hipoints website on how to disassemble one.

The biggest problem is this little ditty. "Rack the slide all the way back. Let it move forward an 1/8 inch. Drive out the exposed pin. Remove slide by allowing it to move forward." That's from Hipoints website on how to disassemble one.

Fortunately, you hardly ever have to do that. Just spray it with brake cleaner once in a while and clean bore. If you want to baby it, you can give it a more thorough cleaning by soaking it in kerosene. :)

- OS

Guest Broomhead
Fortunately, you hardly ever have to do that. Just spray it with brake cleaner once in a while and clean bore. If you want to baby it, you can give it a more thorough cleaning by soaking it in kerosene. :)

- OS

It is not nearly as hard to disassemble as it sounds when you are reading how to do it. What OS says it perfectly, 100% true. I can't even remember when I cleaned mine last. It's been easily 1K rounds, probably more. It still functions flawlessly.

It is not nearly as hard to disassemble as it sounds when you are reading how to do it. What OS says it perfectly, 100% true. I can't even remember when I cleaned mine last. It's been easily 1K rounds, probably more. It still functions flawlessly.

Yeah, manual even suggests only breaking it down every 1500 rounds or so for cleaning. And you likely never need to do it all, but as you say it's not that big a deal to do it. Pin doesn't really need to be "driven" out, just "pushed" out.

- OS

Guest Lester Weevils
Yeah, manual even suggests only breaking it down every 1500 rounds or so for cleaning. And you likely never need to do it all, but as you say it's not that big a deal to do it. Pin doesn't really need to be "driven" out, just "pushed" out.

- OS

From Baja's quoted procedure, it doesn't sound much different or any more difficult than pushing out a pin to take down a Kahr or CZ-75. Or even a 1911 as far as that goes. Maybe it practice it is more difficult? Dunno.