Chattanooga eat and shoot?

Are you attending  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending

• Yes Im a good sport
    • No im an idiot

**EDIT: Please no one take offense to the poll question's.Just trying to have a little fun with it,but Im a little worried now it may rub someone the wrong way.:)

With all the talk of eatin and shootin around here I thought I would propose a south east TN E&S in Chattanooga.Anybody interested? I guess we would need to arrange a date,place to eat,and a place to shoot that would work for everybody.So if anybodys interested lets hear your ideas

Edited by strickj
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crap. i think they are closed on wed too if i remember correctly. i have a screwy work schedule. mon & tues 8a to 5:30p, off wed, thurs - sat 8a to 5:30p and off sundays.

maybe with the time changing here in the next couple of weeks, it might be easier to work in an afternoon shoot. if it is posted up in a week in advance or so, i could probably arrange the day off, it would just depend, fridays are just about out of the question, but hey i can try anyway.

open Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Monday from sunrise to sunset; and Sundays from 1:00 ET until sunset. It is closed Tuesday and Wednesday, and during managed hunts

Prentice Cooper would be great if its just a couple of us,but if a few want to e&s it may be better to work something out with sprotsmans or carters so the lot could shoot for a small fee and use there own ammo.

Guest GUTTERbOY

I'd be interested in getting together. Still relatively new around here so the only place I've shot is PC a few times, and they do seem to get pretty crowded quick on the weekends, especially on the pistol end. Haven't checked out Carter's or Sportsman's, though I'll get a chance with the latter this coming weekend when I do my HCP class.

Guest Grout

Back a few years you could go up on Aetna Mtn. and shoot but I have not been up there in years and the roads were getting rough then.I am surprised Bowater has not sold it to Thunder Thorton by now,there are some great views from the brow on both sides.Why don't ya'll go to one of the Three Gun or IDPA matches at Cleveland.It only costs $10 to shoot and you could all get in the same squad.

Aetna Mountain is a VERY popular ATV/cab truck/dirt bike riding area. at any given time during the weekend there are over 100 people there on Fri or Sat riding and a good amount during the week. there is no way you could shoot there, not to mention it takes an ATV of some sort to get to the top as the only way up is known to us fellow Aetna guys as the "rough side"

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by cadillacdude1975

Tell me when, and I'll do my best to make it! I don't know Chattanooga very well, as to where the ranges are... I just go downtown if I'm there, so I don't have any suggestions for where to meet, but I'm sure I can find whatever ya'll decide on.

Guest price g

OK, here is the deal. I have a 3-Gun match this Saturday at Cleveland. Yes it is $10 to shoot, but, it is an open to the public match. No membership to anything but Mr. Hamilton. Also, I strive for the matches to be enjoyable by all. Yes their are gamers going for the low score, Then their are the goodtimers who are there to shoot and have fun. So look at it like this, would you give ten bucks to shoot up someone elses ****? I think we all know the answer.

I've never had to pay for a guest at carters. i talked to them about doing a shoot for TGO last november, $5 a person if we buy ammo there, it's usually $10. I know i went last month and they were asking $15.50 a box for .40. not sure what brand it was, ran flawless though, but that price seemed pretty hight to me, i've never paid over $12 before. they stopped carrying blazer too. they also have "full auto" day, i think it's once a month.

Guest GUTTERbOY

What's with having to use their ammo- I understand this is policy at Sportsman's and Carter's? That's a new one to me... I don't mind paying for a membership at a good, convenient indoor range, but as I understand it, both of those charge a per-visit fee on top of membership, and then paying for their ammo... I just don't see it being worth it.

The indoor range I used to shoot at back in Raleigh charged $200 for an annual membership, but with that, range time was free, no limits, and they had a great selection of targets that were free as well. The only time you had to use their ammo was if you were renting one of their pistols.

I guess I'll be shooting at PC for the foreseeable future. :|

there is a range in Whitwell that charges by the hour. the problem is catching the place open. it is off highway 27, but my god thats a drive for me. its 9 miles to PC from where i live, and thats at the foot of Sig. Mtn.

and the ammo deal is just a way for them to make more money. both places suck if you ask me. i bought a holster at sportsmans and when i handed him my debit card, he looked at me and said you got cash? he had to call the card in over the phone the old school way. he doesnt like technology. i guess since Darrs closed, im stuck with walmart and the internet for my sources now.

What's with having to use their ammo- I understand this is policy at Sportsman's and Carter's? That's a new one to me... I don't mind paying for a membership at a good, convenient indoor range, but as I understand it, both of those charge a per-visit fee on top of membership, and then paying for their ammo... I just don't see it being worth it.

The indoor range I used to shoot at back in Raleigh charged $200 for an annual membership, but with that, range time was free, no limits, and they had a great selection of targets that were free as well. The only time you had to use their ammo was if you were renting one of their pistols.

I guess I'll be shooting at PC for the foreseeable future. :|

at carters you HAVE to use their ammo if you aren't a member. pay by visit is $10 and you have to use their ammo. Members DO NOT have to pay by visit and DO NOT have to use their ammo, plus you get a 10% discount on ammo and targets. $5 per guest, but they don't ever charge me for guests. Carter's is about 500yrds down the street from my house so i always just buy the ammo there, with the discount it usually ends up being the same as walmart, until lately that is. I'm not even sure what walmart prices are, but i don't want to drive all the way to walmart and back to carters to shoot.

Thats with there higher priced membership.I have there cheaper one being I dont use him much,and I have to buy his ammo and its 10 bucks to shoot and 5 for a friend.

I think ill go ahead and get the vip membership(150.00 I thik)and see about a group shoot.I just hate forking out 150 a year to shoot when PC is free.That means ill have to use him 15 times a year just to break even.

Btw,when his full auto day? we may have to go then!!

Guest m4coyote

I would be very interested in an E&S. It would be nice to meet some of the other members!

Prentice Cooper is open on Sunday, but not until after 12:00. The weekends can be hectic there, but I am game.

I am headed over there this afternoon, and will confirm that they are indeed open on Sunday afternoon.

I went to Carters and upgraded my membership to the vip one.while there I ask about a group shoot and they said no problem.just call ahead,and they will even close the range down if there enough of us.they will only charge 5.00 per person that does not have a membership.

Everybody game for Carters?

Prentice Cooper is open on Sunday, but not until after 12:00. The weekends can be hectic there, but I am game.

To be more specific, Prentice Cooper is open on Sunday, but not until after 12:00 Central Time. That would be 1:00, Chattanooga time.

Once ya'll decide on a date and place, I'll see if I can make it.

do we have to buy ammo from there as well?

No,but I always like to throw a box or two at them simply cause I know I gots to put there kids through college since I dont have any,lol.

I can also see if he can get the full auto guys out there for us if anybody would be intersted in those.