Magazine Plug for 1963 Browning Belgium Sweet Sixteen Shotgun

I have a 1963 Browning Belgium Sweet Sixteen Shotgun that I inherited from my late Father. The gun is in the same condition today as it was when purchased in 1963. It is missing the magazine plug. Does anyone know were I can locate a magazine plug for this shotgun. Thank you.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#2 lead pencil LOL, really. or you can buy a dowel rod at Home Depot or someplace similar and cut it to fit. I once but one from a tree on a dove shoot when I realized the plug was out of my mossberg from turkey season. I was in south Texas and flew there so I didn't want to take my old Browning and be kickin aroud with it and leaving it in a hotel room.

If you have any friends with a wood lathe, it should be very easy to replicate. If you are just looking for a "functional replacement", you can use just about anything that blocks the insertion of additional shells. The one time I forgot to put mine in (dove hunt - game warden approaching), I cut a piece of corn stalk and slid it into the mag tube.

That is a nice shotgun. Be careful not to over-tighten or improperly align the forearm, as it can crack. That is about the only weakness of the platform in my experience. They can pound you with heavy loads, but are natural pointers and utterly reliable.

I don't think they actually shipped with them originally, did they?

Anyway, here's a modern replacement that will work. And, the price is certainly right.

Browning Magazine Plug Adapter 3-Shot Browning Auto-5 All Gauges - MidwayUSA

I think it depended on when it was manufactured, and the configuration. I have a light 12 from '67 (IIRC) that has a factory plug, and am 99% sure that it came in the original package.

• Admin Team
I think it depended on when it was manufactured, and the configuration. I have a light 12 from '67 (IIRC) that has a factory plug, and am 99% sure that it came in the original package.

Wow! Truly a matter of "they don't make 'em like they used to."

Hello MacGyver

I went to Midway link you sent me and that looks like what I need. Thank you so much for all you help. I was 10 years old when my dad first purchased the gun, but I believe the plug did come with the shotgun. Believe me the shotgun looks just like it did in 1963.

25q5hjo_th.jpg