Red Dot Question

Guest 00z28

Guest 00z28

Does anyone have a suggestion for a (budget) red dot that would fit on the ultimak rail on an MAK90? I know a lot of AK folks recommend Aimpoint optics, but I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on any cheaper options. The rifle doesn't see much use, mostly just playing around in the woods with it. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 00z28
What does "budget" mean to you? ~$400? ~$200? ~$50?

Sorry, I was thinking in the $250 or less range... I've had the rifle since I bought it new in the early 90's and didn't even pay that much for it... Wish I had bought 2.

Guest HexHead

I've got a Bushnell Trophy red dot on my Sig 556 that I got at Bass Pro Shops. It's okay, but I'm not crazy about the dot with my old eyes. The 1 MOA is too small for me and the 10 MOA is just a little too much.

My Trijicon Tripower with red chevron reticle should be here tomorrow.

Anyway, back to your question... the Bushnell is a really good value for $100.

Burris Fast Fire. Built like a tank. Does not allow a co-witness.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-fastfire-w-picatinny-mount-4-moa-dot-mat-fastfire-sight.html

Burris Speed Dot. Looks like it would allow a co-witness. I have no experience with this optic but it looks well built and at $175 is well within your price range.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-1x-35mm-speeddot-135-sights.html

Burris Tactical Speed Dot. This would be my choice.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-xts-135-1x-35mm-mat-xtreme-tactical-speeddot-sights.html

Edited by Urse