.308 PMAGS...anyone used them?

gunrunner32

I've got about a dozen of these things sitting around for both my Knights Armament AR-10's. I have had the worst luck getting them to feed properly, I keep getting double feeds and I've had a few just fail to feed period. The standard aluminum magazines work just fine and I have't had to do anything with them.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? If not and you're thinking about getting some I'd just get one to start with just in case.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a couple that I modified to use in my old AR10. That's a Dutch-made 1960's Portuguese-contract AR10 , not the newer one made in Illinois. The Pmags work fine. I use the Pmags and modified DPMS mags to keep from having to use my expensive original AR10 mags.

(Note: Original AR10s do not have anything in common with the new-made AR-10s except the name, basic operating system, general appearance, and caliber. NO parts are interchangeable, including magazines.)

That sucks man. I've got 5 that I've run in my DPMS gun for about a year and half now, several major matches worth of shooting. Mine have run flawlessly. The DPMS aluminum mags that came with my gun gave me all sorts of problems (don't know who makes them). Sometimes guns and mags just don't get along. I'll be happy to dispose of those crappy plastic mags for you. ;)

DanO

Get uncle Sam to fix it for you ;) . Got to keep the contractors / supply channel guys busy!

What you running that thing for anyways?

I've got what I have from a MAGPUL sales rep that I know. I was playing around with a Remington 700 (M24), an old and a new AR-10 (SR-25 and XM-110) and I now carry a SCAR-H. It's been reliable out to 750 so far standing off-hand.

I'm glad to hear that others have not had the same problems I ran into with mine. They are on a shelf next to my extra gun junk.

I think I may be in the market for a SCAR-H when I find one at the right price. I'd like it to be set up how my current carry gun is now though, so I'll also be in the market for a Docter sight on a side mount and a variable power 10x scope.

Uncle Sam has yet to give me anything useful, about 90% of what I use daily I've bought.