Hunting and Fishing Swap Column...

DaveS

I would like to propose to the Grand Poo'ba TGO David, and the Great Potentates ( Bronkers, Hunting 101 and Memphis Mason) that we start a "Swap" thread or "sticky" where we can advertise a hunting or fishing swap or just to list things we are willing to "give away" to our fellow TGO members. Adamoxtwo was up standing in giving away some deer meat to a member in need of venison (Mr.Digital) and that speaks volumes for Adam.

Poll the members for some ideas, but how I think it could work are many. Here are a few Ideas...

1. Lets say I need some Coyotes Killed off my property. I know Hunting 101 breathes to hunt Coyote. So I post on this thread, I need help with coyotes. Hunting 101 says, "Dave, I'll do it for you". So Hunting 101 is in the hunt. Now, sometime down the road, 101 wants say for example,I need someone to take Crappie fishing with me. And he invites me, or we trade out.

2. Lets say I have some roof shingles damaged from a storm. Another memeber knows how to repair shingles and he is in need of a deer mount. See how this could work for All of us?

3. I know hunters out in east tennessee whom want to deer hunt out here. I want to go out there, and bear hunt! Nice trade off.

4. How about a place we can "give away" hunting equipment, extra fish, extra game? In todays economy, the more we can all do to help each other in the TGO family, the better off we will be. The better off this community will be!

I think everyone on TGO has something to offer another member if we can just bring it all together. Adamoxtwo has been after me for quite sometime now to teach him how to mount a deer. Well, because he kept his word to Mr. Digital on a promise he made to give Mr. Digital some deer meat, I, am going to teach Adamoxtwo, how to mount deer, and if I have the items on hand, will provide him with the materials and time to do so.

See how we can all help each other?

Flame away, but all ideas will be welcomed. How' a' bout it Mr. TGO?

Edited by wd-40
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest adamoxtwo

I'm absolutely game for that! I like to help people out anyway I can. WD I want to thank you for the praises. All I ask is for knowledge and a guiding hand. I have no problem shelling out the cash for supplies (and by supplies I also mean beer while we mount). :)

Guest Jeffster

I think this is a cool idea also. I live in Alaska have hunted up here for 20 years. Have ocean boat and can at least point folks in a good direction and help out on any Alaska Big Game hunts. I also am not all that bad on catching Halibut and local Salmon. I come down to Tennessee every year to visit family and will retire in Tennessee after my years in Criminal Justice system are over. If I can help I will.

Guest adamoxtwo
I think this is a cool idea also. I live in Alaska have hunted up here for 20 years. Have ocean boat and can at least point folks in a good direction and help out on any Alaska Big Game hunts. I also am not all that bad on catching Halibut and local Salmon. I come down to Tennessee every year to visit family and will retire in Tennessee after my years in Criminal Justice system are over. If I can help I will.

You can stay at my house and have my first born if you will take me caribou hunting in Alaska!!

Guest Jeffster

Going Mountain Goat hunting fall of 2012 on Kodiak Island and Deer. Have a Beautiful Double Shovel Caribou on the wall already. I can point you in the right direction and recommend good Pilots and get you away from the bad ones. Recommend Flying into Fairbanks and then hunting the Brooks Range as the herd up there is rather Large. Plan going in later August. Do not hunt In September as the Bou go in rut and unlike deer stink like a deer musk gland.

I will be doing Black Bear in the spring over bait. If the weather is right I will take my 24 ft' cabin cruiser out in Prince William sound and chase them there. If you every want to come up, I am going to be in Nashville visiting family and hunting Turkey first part of April. Wanna meet for coffee let me know. Drop a Pm. Always like to meet fellow Hunters. I'll pass on the first born..lol two grand daughters keep me busy enough. Jeff

You can stay at my house and have my first born if you will take me caribou hunting in Alaska!!
Going Mountain Goat hunting fall of 2012 on Kodiak Island and Deer. Have a Beautiful Double Shovel Caribou on the wall already. I can point you in the right direction and recommend good Pilots and get you away from the bad ones. Recommend Flying into Fairbanks and then hunting the Brooks Range as the herd up there is rather Large. Plan going in later August. Do not hunt In September as the Bou go in rut and unlike deer stink like a deer musk gland.

I will be doing Black Bear in the spring over bait. If the weather is right I will take my 24 ft' cabin cruiser out in Prince William sound and chase them there. If you every want to come up, I am going to be in Nashville visiting family and hunting Turkey first part of April. Wanna meet for coffee let me know. Drop a Pm. Always like to meet fellow Hunters. I'll pass on the first born..lol two grand daughters keep me busy enough. Jeff

Jeff, I plan to take my daughter back to Alaska for some salmon fishing in a couple years. She was born in Anchorage, while her mom and I were stationed at Ft. Richardson. I loved the time I was there and took in as much hunting and fishing as I could. I caught my first king at Ship creek. My wife got her first king at Ninilchik. Reds at the Russian and silvers at Ship were some good times. We also did the Copper river dipnet trip a couple times. When my daughter is old enough to appreciate the trip, I will take her back. Be sure to give us a yell when you are in Nashville so we can shake hands and have a cup of coffee. I'd appreciate knowing someone to get a good fishing report from before our trip.

Guest adamoxtwo

Absolutely! Let me know when you are in the area and we will plan something. I'm sure there are plenty of folks here that wouldn't mind a little Nashville get together.

When I get to the point of being able to sneak away on a hunt I would love nothing more then to head up that way! I was told that you needed a local guide to Caribou hunt in Alaska. Is that not true? Or is that the pilots you were talking about? My wife was born in Alaska her father was with the Airborne up there in the early 80's.

Guest Jeffster

Adamoxtwo and Whiskey, I can save you guys tons in leg work. Ship Creek is not bad but you can come up here and fish Pinks on the Hope Alaska side of Turnigan arm and then chase Reds on the Russian if they are in. King Run was bust on all Rivers and the Silver run was good for those that braved the crowds. Halibut was great and we loaded the boat every trip the weather did not blow us out.

Hunting has been great out of Hope on the hills to the left of road of Hope and right as well if you have a raft to cross that river. This is for Black Bear as Griz you need a guide or second degree kindred to take you on that hunt. You can hunt up here without guide for Moose, Caribou, Deer, black bear and all small game. Goats and sheep, Griz require guide. If you come up to hunt a Non-res tag is costly but you can combine the fishing trip to make it better. If you purchase a caribou tag you can take an animal of equal or lesser value. According to the rules when I read them, a moose tag would work on a caribou or black bear if you wanted to use it on them. I'll be honest that my record on moose is not good. I am good on deer, bear, caribou and other critters. Halibut and salmon I take a back seat to nobody. Just drop me a line and I can help you out on what you wanna do. I'll also be hunting out of feyeteville (sp) sorry and Nashville so will meet up with you folks when I get in town. I'll bring maps and whatever you need to plan a trip.

Edited by Jeffster
spelling