Rio Ammo...

So I picked up some Rio 12 ga. 8 shot 1-1/16 oz. 2-3/4 Game loads with extra hard shot called "Classic 30." I like my money to stay local and figured since they had a plant right down the road in Bucksnort that I would try them out. Over half of them swelled and caused the action to stick a bit. 2 of them were so tight that I had to pry to get the action open...and there are 9 left in that box...and I have 3 more boxes..:-\ I tried some Federals and Winchesters and didn't have any problems at all. All this through an 870 express super magnum.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a box of their "brown box" birdshot for 3-gun and it all worked 100% in my gun. Not magnum, just the 2 3/4 12 ga stuff, a blue shell with a hefty brass back end for so light a load. It was hotter than the black walmart cheapos we normally use, I think remington, black with a thin silvery metal part? Anyway, I was satisfied with this type of RIO, so some of their stuff is pretty good.

is it the same as accurate arms..

What DLM said, Bob... I even went there once and asked to see someone and the lady at the front desk had to ask if he worked for accurate or rio..

I want to clarify that I am not bashing them.. I understand bad batches.. I was just trying to get an idea of whether or not this is just a bad batch or if others have had similar trouble..I intend to contact them and hopefully get it right

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.