Idea to give to Disabled Vets

Guest titanwolf

Guest titanwolf

To say thank you, for the sacrifice they made to save the world, not just Americans.

Design a Xd model based on The North American P-51 Mustang and Soldier Never forgotten. The themes may get expensive, donations would help me buy a second and third XD .45 to have both ideas designed and paid for. I am thinking of auctioning off both and donate the money to Help Disabled Veterans. Who knows maybe the guns would be donated for the cause. If someone takes this and runs with it, just remember it was here first, on this great site with great people. I am dreaming here, still my heart and soul will have a great ride if this does happen. Not many things compare, that feeling you get when you give back is hard to come by.

thoughts, suggestions?

If accepting donations is againist policy then edit.

Send PM if you would like to donate.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you have a great idea, and your thoughts and generosity towards Disabled Vets are something that I would love to support.

I have an issue with the guns you are using for this project.

Why are you using a gun that 1. doesnt tie in with your theme (WWII P51) and 2. isnt even made here in the US?

My suggestion is to use a gun that already reflects the era you are trying to commemorate such as the 1911.

You should also think about using guns built by companies like Smith and Wesson, that actually build guns here in America.

I will offer to support your project by providing your first gun at 20% BELOW my actual cost.

Added:

I realize that SA does make some of their guns 100% in the US, but I have issues with the XD being used, since its not made here.

Guest darkstar

You could use one of the Springfield GI's ( Which I think is quite a fitting firearm ) but I know a lot of them have been built in Brazil....I have seen pictures of them without the Brazil designation so it is possible there are some US built ones out there. I'm pretty sure the next model up from the GI is built in the US but not sure. Just a thought

Nice offer btw Joe....very generous

• 2 weeks later...
Guest titanwolf
I think you have a great idea, and your thoughts and generosity towards Disabled Vets are something that I would love to support.

I have an issue with the guns you are using for this project.

Why are you using a gun that 1. doesnt tie in with your theme (WWII P51) and 2. isnt even made here in the US?

My suggestion is to use a gun that already reflects the era you are trying to commemorate such as the 1911.

You should also think about using guns built by companies like Smith and Wesson, that actually build guns here in America.

I will offer to support your project by providing your first gun at 20% BELOW my actual cost.

Added:

I realize that SA does make some of their guns 100% in the US, but I have issues with the XD being used, since its not made here.

I frequently visit another forum that talks about XD pistols, just want to find a pistol or pistols that wll draw alot of attention, I agree they should be made in the US.

Your ideas are right on and I should have thought of them myself.

I still need to find a gunsmith who can do the work to help support the ideas.

SA does have 1911's made in the US they have certain serial numbers.

Link to US companies who made 1911's during WWI and WWII

http://www.rt66.com/~Korteng/SmallArms/M1911A1.htm

Springfield Armory, Colt, North American Arms, remington to name a few

I think a Colt 1911 should be used is still made in the United States.

Now if I can get some others to help pay for the gun and find a gunsmith who can do the work

It may happen.

thanks

pic of a 1911 (1941) my father got back in 1969

I have it now, will go to my son

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6148

ref. http://www.m1911.org/m1911dt.htm

Edited by titanwolf
Guest titanwolf
What are you going to do with the gun?I cant picture a customization that really fits in with what your describing.As far as a gun smith,well what are you doing to it?

adding things such as "stand alone", A chute (that era), BoB=band of brothers. Would really have to see what would fit and where. Add a Spade and maybe 101st with Eagle, add a bit of color here and there. My main goal is to raise money for the Vets. Open to ideas, no gun purchased as of yet.