Guest titanwolf

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gcrookston
what is one like this worth?

The Short answer is "depends"

Norway built about 500 Colt 1911 under lisc. in 1912 before making some minor changes to the design, the most noted being the extrended slide release leaver. The Model 1914 was produced 1914-1945 (except 1943,1944) to the tune of about 27,000 units. Of these, less than 1,000 or so were WaA84 stamped by the German Occupation forces (serial# 29615-30535 - 1945 only). Though many guns appear with WaA stamps outside this serial number range -- those guns are boosted.

Norway produced about 8,000 Model 1914 under German Occupation from 1940-1945 (no production 1943-44), and your gun is one of those.

A large group of these pistols was imported in the 1960's and won't have importation marks (just like all those "vet bring back" k98's and g43s we see).

Another smaller group came in in the late 1980's-early 1990's (I think it was SARCO).

Import marked guns will not bring as much as non-import marked. A premium is paid for 1945 WaA84 marked guns (hence the fakery).

An original 1941 should be salt blued (many were parkerized after the war), have hard wood black painted grips with a larger diamond pattern than Colt, and the serial # or a portion thereof should be found on almost every part (including the barrel and 3 magazines).

From what I can see by your photos, I cannot tell if it was Parkerized, it appears to be original blue finish? The Left grip is Colt. The top left grip screw is suspect.

If all matching, including magazine the gun should bring $800-$1400 in 80-85% condition, a little less if it's parkerized. The grip is a big detractor. If any of the internal parts do not match (the barrels were quite often replaced), this would be another big hit to value. Deduct for import marks.

Demand for these is not high, except for the 1945 WaA run. Still, they are an interested tangent for the Colt Collector and are of the highest quality.

Guest titanwolf

slide stop = safety, prevents the slide from moving or the gun firiing, when you have the hammer in the cocked position. the other thing I like is that the hammer can be pulled back so it doesn't rest on the firing pin, but it is not cocked either

the other thing I like is that the hammer can be pulled back so it doesn't rest on the firing pin, but it is not cocked either

I must be mistaken but isn't this called "half cock", and don't all 1911's have this feature?

coolgunsite.com usually has a few for sale on board,can get an idea

what they are going for. A few years ago I had one for sale with

several Colts,Remington Rands and all sold right away but this one.

I ended up trading it off a couple years later. It is a very small circle

but try website it is run by TY Moore in The Northwest.