sif 250 2sum?

clowe

Anyone have a sig 250 2sum? I ran across one todat and it felt great and looked even better. I was just wondering if anyone had one and if there were any cons with it. I really like having the option to go from full size to compact with the same gun.

Edited by clowe
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dubaholic2

ive shown a few to people at work and i just wasnt impressed. its a pain to change the mechanism between guns and they just kind of feel chincy. the subcompact 250 is probably the worst feeling subcompact on the market. i love sigs, but this just feels like crap. i can only get like 2 fingers on the grip and ergonimics are nonexistant. the compact feels better, but the the whole changing the mechanism thing just feels chincy and is not that user friendly. just my opinion. take it or leave it.

Edited by dubaholic2

Agree with dubaholic2. Found a great price on the kit recently; but after handling and working with it, I just couldn't make myself buy it. Didn't like the feel of the trigger either. Which was really a letdown, have several sigs and love them.

Actually I have P250c in 9mm and a .40 exchange kit and I love the gun. DAO is not for everyone. If you've been weaned on a Glock you'll hate it. But if you like shooting wheel guns you'll probably like it. My trigger is smoooth after breaking in and I can easily stage my shots.

I like the gun and the ability to change calibers. YMMV

I've got the 250sc in .40 and have no complaints. Around 600 rounds through her with no malfunctions of any kind. The trigger has either smoothed out over time, or I've grown accustomed to it. It's my EDC in a crossbreed quikclip.

The Sig P250 is perhaps the most disappointing pistol to ever come out of Sig Arms. The concept is really neat, but that's where the excitement ends. Rather than give you my first person perspective on shooting the pistol, here's some food for thought...

The Federal Air Marshal Service purchased the P250 to replace their aging P229s. Due to poor performance of the P250, they stopped deploying additional P250 pistols and redeployed the P229s.

The BATFE rejected the P250 due to reliability issues and it ranked well below the competing Glock and M&P. Specifically, it was "excluded from further consideration as unacceptable with respect to reliability."

A month ago, the Dutch police canceled a 45,000 unit order of P250s due to concerns about the pistol in a vote of no confidence.

Do your own research on the gun, but the reason you're seeing these deals is that Sig likely doing what they should have done a long time ago... dumping the gun.

Meh.

The Sig P250 is perhaps the most disappointing pistol to ever come out of Sig Arms. The concept is really neat, but that's where the excitement ends. Rather than give you my first person perspective on shooting the pistol, here's some food for thought...

The Federal Air Marshal Service purchased the P250 to replace their aging P229s. Due to poor performance of the P250, they stopped deploying additional P250 pistols and redeployed the P229s.

The BATFE rejected the P250 due to reliability issues and it ranked well below the competing Glock and M&P. Specifically, it was "excluded from further consideration as unacceptable with respect to reliability."

A month ago, the Dutch police canceled a 45,000 unit order of P250s due to concerns about the pistol in a vote of no confidence.

Do your own research on the gun, but the reason you're seeing these deals is that Sig likely doing what they should have done a long time ago... dumping the gun.

From what Im hearing Homeland Security is demanding that Sig replace there 250's as it's not been met service requirements. I was told the Air Marshals dont even have 250's in service right now and they are all at the manufacturer waiting to see what will happen. In my opinion the Compact is the only one worth having. If you like revolver dao triggers or keltecs you will love a 250. Another issue has been the magazine generation differences and they are specific to each generation. There have been troubles with finding holsters. Almost every holster for a 220/226 Will Not Fit.

From what Im hearing Homeland Security is demanding that Sig replace there 250's as it's not been met service requirements. I was told the Air Marshals dont even have 250's in service right now and they are all at the manufacturer waiting to see what will happen.

Correct. The P250s are back at Sig and the legacy Sig pistols (P229/P239) are back out in the field.

For those that are interested, attached is a link to the GAO response to Sig's protest after they were eliminated from the BATFE trials. My favorite quote is as follows... "Sig Sauer also contends that ATF placed too great an emphasis upon reliability in determining which offers should continue to phase III." Seriously?

U.S. GAO - B-402339.3, Sig Sauer, Inc., July 23, 2010