So I went to the doctor....

jcj

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my experince with both not a bad idea. The problem is the vet will be over qualified, but smarter and a he** of alot more compassinate.

I concur. I intend to find a new primary care physician after this. Been going to this guy for my entire adult life. Never needed anything more than the occasional checkup and maybe an antibiotic once or twice. Now that I've had to deal with something more involved I'm not so thrilled with his bedside manner.

oh...still in the hospital.. Apparently theres an abscess in my sinuses. More antibiotics and perhaps some minor surgical intervention.

Well glad you can still type, you keep this up I will have to make a trip out there amd offend them all so bad they put you out......

Keep on with it, if you need anything shot me a pm even if it is just to talk via phone (I am on the job hunt and avilable all day)

Pat

I concur. I intend to find a new primary care physician after this. Been going to this guy for my entire adult life. Never needed anything more than the occasional checkup and maybe an antibiotic once or twice. Now that I've had to deal with something more involved I'm not so thrilled with his bedside manner.

oh...still in the hospital.. Apparently theres an abscess in my sinuses. More antibiotics and perhaps some minor surgical intervention.

Thats what I did new primary care with fresh ideas. I don't know which hospital your in, but with change of primary care I switched from Blount mem to UT should have done that a long time ago. The difference is nite and day

Dolomite missed your post and just read it, thanks this has been discussed. I don't want to hijak OP with my problems but sometimes "misery loves company" LOL

Edited by laktrash
Thats what I did new primary care with fresh ideas. I don't know which hospital your in, but with change of primary care I switched from Blount mem to UT should have done that a long time ago. The difference is nite and day

Dolomite missed your post and just read it, thanks this has been discussed. I don't want to hijak OP with my problems but sometimes "misery loves company" LOL

Event blount memorial would be an improvement. I'm at the Tennova hospital in Lafollette.

Going under today for a minor procedure on my sinuses. Hoping that means going home is not far away...

One of favorite quotes from the hospitalist. From ER to 2 days in hospital. The Doc comes I'm in laying in bed looks down "I got nothing you'd be better off feeling bad at home than here in the hospital so I'm letting you out" WTF !!

As contradictory as it sounds, he was right. Hospitals are breeding grounds for all kinds of nasty stuff.

Event blount memorial would be an improvement. I'm at the Tennova hospital in Lafollette.

Going under today for a minor procedure on my sinuses. Hoping that means going home is not far away...

If things don't get better you might want to try UT . They have alot more resources on hand than Blount or Tennova has. I could share alot of stories about blount but won't.

Keep us posted on your status.

Edited by laktrash
If things don't get better you might want to try UT . They have alot more resources on hand than Blount or Tennova has. I could share alot of stories about blount but won't.

Keep us posted on your status.

Lafollette is by no means my first choice. UT has impressed me what times I've visited someone there.

As for me, I'm going home!! The surgery I had today went well so they're sending me home with antibiotics and some bandaging.

As for me, I'm going home!! The surgery I had today went well so they're sending me home with antibiotics and some bandaging.

Glad to hear you're going home. I know it's not exactly the news you wanted but it's manageable and you're still alive. I hope you're feeling a lot better than you were when you went in!

Hopefully the surgery wasn't too invasive or rough on you and you can move around without needing help!

That's crazy your mom has autoimmune hepatitis too! I met people who had it when I went to classes for the transplant list but never heard of anyone having it outside of there. I hope she's doing well!

Just wanted to update this thread again. I'm feeling good and finally get to go back to work on Wednesday.

As for the diabetes, I modified my eating habits (drastically) and I'm running in the 80's every time I check. Limiting carbs and junk seems to be paying off.

Thank you all for your support. Hopefully I can get my health in line and stay medication free for a few more years.

Just wanted to update this thread again. I'm feeling good and finally get to go back to work on Wednesday.

As for the diabetes, I modified my eating habits (drastically) and I'm running in the 80's every time I check. Limiting carbs and junk seems to be paying off.

Thank you all for your support. Hopefully I can get my health in line and stay medication free for a few more years.

I have been diabetic for 30 yrs and if it does turn insulin dependent go and see a good endocrinologist. It will be worth your time.

JTM🔫

Sent from my iPhone