FREE Survival Manual

Here is a link I just ran across for a FREE electronic PDF survival manual. Believe it or not, it was published by the Mormons, hence the name "LDS Preparedness Manual." Although I haven't had a chance to sit down and read through it yet, just skimming the contents it appears to be a good source of information for people (it also helps explain why Glenn Beck is so big on preparedness since he is a Mormon - I really couldn't figure out why he was so big on canning food and the like). In any case, it's FREE, so it won't cost you anything to look at it even if it sucks.

http://survivalcache.com/gear/survival-manual-lds-preparedness-manual/

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Broomhead

How big is the file? I left it open for 20mins without anything happening. I'm on Xfinity, it doesn't take that long for a .pdf to load.

ETA: I got it. Somehow Firefox was set to ask me where to save the file automatically instead of just opening the dang thing. Thanks!!

Edited by Broomhead
This guide is priceless and is the best and most complete I have seen to date. Everyone should take advantage of it.

And it's done by the Mormons. Who'd have thunk it? We spend billions of dollars every year on the DHS and it's a freaking church that puts out a free preparedness manual. Go figure. But is anyone actually surprised?

Want a free 18GB compilation of survival manuals and how-to's?

Check out cd3wd Project:

www.cd3wd.com - alexweir1949@gmail.com - cd3wd - High Quality Technical Development Info for the Third World - and the SEEV fraud-proof voting system for the Third World - last updated 2011/03

List of titles included, most downloadable as individual .pdf/.zip/xls/etc files. Over 4,000 of them!:

cd3wd - now available FREE on an offline 4xDVD set to Third World/Developing Countries - 4000 Electronic Books online and offline with Practical Technical Development Information for the Third World. Agriculture, Health, Education, Small Industries e

I had to get a Torrent proggie to do it (had never messed with .torrent before, used free Final Torrent) , only way to download this free unless you send off for the DVDs. You can find some versions of this for huge downloads in PDF form, but they are all quite older than the current version.

You wind up with 5 .iso files to burn to 5 DVDs.

If you need to rebuild society from the agrarian level up, this is all going to be very helpful -- but you'd better have a way to power your laptop or all is lost, unless you've printed it all out. Right.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Want a free 18GB compilation of survival manuals and how-to's?

Check out cd3wd Project:

If you need to rebuild society from the agrarian level up, this is all going to be very helpful -- but you'd better have a way to power your laptop or all is lost, unless you've printed it all out. Right.

- OS

Oh, that's no problem. Here is an informational video on how to deal with this problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kXS37clsZw

Actually, I have all my books and topo maps on my iPad and iPhone which can be recharged by one of 3 different hand-cranked chargers I have. Would take a bit of cranking to go from 0 to 100%, but if it came to it, there wouldn't be much else to do.

As for the Mormons, though I do not agree with their theology, you wont find a better prep-minded people. A Mormon family actually helped me acquire almost half of my food supplies. I believe all of the info in the guide if from Mormon literature, but I have never seen it in all in one place.

I have a hard copy of FM 21-76, its a good overall guide. I think the digital copy is around 2mb. not trying to hijack a thread, just another good manual to add to your toolbox.

It's my thread and that's not a hijack in my book (pardon the pun). I am glad to have other people share their sources of information. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest NYCrulesU

Downloading to DroidX2 now...thank you for posting.

As a Christian, I sat in on a few mormon services when I was in the Army. Buddy of mine was mormon and invited me. I have no problem trying new things or being open minded...have to say that I enjoyed the services and attended quite a few...alternating between my own Christian services.

It wasn't until recently that I learned how serious mormons are about prepping.

• 1 month later...
Guest ExTexan

Just spent the past hour printing and organizing into a more compact version for my B.O.B. and house. Thanks again for the links guys!