AR Question and Help

JZ_Yeyo

just remember to get twice as much ammo as you will think you need, cause you should have a ton of fun. and as far as i know is still alot cheaper to get ammo on line. PMC been running around 290 per k, target sports had 193 $300 shipped, tactical ammo had 2nds for $240 1k.

to me the mid-legth, 1 x 7 is a great choice! you can still get 75 grain PPU match at aim under 10 a box if you wish to reach out and touch someone.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still haven't been out to shoot and I've been doing some reading... I found out a lot of people like to debate wether or not you need to break in your AR. So my question to you guys is: Do you ABSOLUTELY have to break in your rifle? If so what Ammo would you recommend?

Right now I have 500 rds of WPA Military Classic at home, can I use this ammo or will I need brass for break in?

no, break needed on most, just clean the barrel if you wish. wolf to me is the worst choice period. dirty and the bolt and carrier will be black and red. so good luck.

but worry not, the next guy will tell how good wolf is.

If you don't shoot wolf what do you shoot?

PMC or Tactical Ammo factory 2nd's $240 per 1000 plus shipping. all the 223 2nd we have ever got look and shoot fine. not sure what makes them 2nds.

i have gotten some rough looking 9mm 2nds but they still ran.

Thanks for your help. I'm going to order some brass to run through it first then the wolf. I noticed a lot of good places on another thread to order bulk ammo so going to do some shopping this weekend. Thanks again!