P6 sig action enhancement range report...

thundersnow

Got the sig p6 back from the factory the other day and had a chance to take it out to the range at guns and leather today. I had sent it off to sig for a reblue and the action enhancement package. Let me tell you it was well worth it!

Trigger pull was reduced from approx 10 pounds to what I would guess is half as much. Very smooth break. It is a 9mm and there was a noticeable difference in the feeding of ammo mostly due to a polished feed ramp. As part of this process I also replaced the guide rail with a solid stainless steel one that matches the barrel. Very nice look with the slide locked back.

Package also included new springs all the way around from hammer to recoil. It ate Winchester white box ammo with no problems (over three hundred rounds.). I had six rounds of the tul ammo fail to fire and one fail to feed ( directly after the failure and re-rack ) adding to my dislike of the cheap crap they load into those black boxes. :). At this point I blame the ammo and not the gun. More research to follow with other ammo brands.

This particular model has 1979 stamped on the slide so it has been around the block a few times. The finish work on the rebluing was excellent. There was noticeable slide wear before I sent it off and the previous owner had applied some sort of spray coating to the slide. It was very slick to the touch previously, and flaking off around the roll pin and high wear areas. It came back to me looking almost new, with the sexy sig almost grey black color!

All in this gun moved up the food chain a little bit in my collection and will see quite a bit more use once the weather warms up.

M

----

Schweizerische Industrie Gesellschaft (SIG) P229 and P6 /// Ruger Target 10/22

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice,

Over a year ago I sent my P220 to Sig for the action enhancement, SRT, Night sites, the turn around was less than 10 days and it was well worth the money sending it in, i also put a stainless guide rod in it as well I love that gun

Congrats!

Sounds like it was work the time and money. I got my wife a P6 last year for mothers day, wasn't what she was expecting but she likes it now. I've thought about a refurb on it with new springs, I might have to do that this year. I did put some night sights on it, a reduced recoil oprod and did a black and titanium cerakote refinish for her. Mine has 7/79 on the slide as well, so it could probably use some new springs. Enjoy it and run it ragged, I know my wife enjoys hers and shoots the piss out of it when we go to the range.

Guest The Highlander

Love my CPO 225, it is in perfect shape now, but once I scuff it up, I'll send it to SIG for the action job. Thought about it with my 220 DAO also, but I can't stand to be without that long!

Action Enhancement Package – Our factory gunsmiths hone and polish critical surfaces to lighten and smooth both the double-action and single-action trigger pulls taking your SIG SAUER to the next level without voiding the factory warranty. (Excludes SP2009, SP2340, SP2022, 226X5, Mosquito, P238 and P250 models. Improvements are not as pronounced in our DAK trigger system models or P232 models.)

----

Schweizerische Industrie Gesellschaft (SIG) P229 and P6 /// Ruger Target 10/22

• 2 weeks later...