Goodman show today.

Guest eyebedam

Guest eyebedam

Went to the show today. Walked out with a S&W m&p 9mm & a Walther P22 to match my Walther P99 that I got Thursday. I also picked up a S&W special ops auto knife. Needless to say I had to hide the guns when I Got home so the wife don't know. :ugh:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would some guy at a gunshow have knives for sale only to certain groups?

Answer - it makes people who are not part of those groups want one

True, but I've wanted one for a while. Only problem is, most of the decent ones I've found are selling for $100+. I've found a few "Made In Pakakirdastanwanski" for about 10, but I'm kinda looking for something in the middle. That $32 would have been perfect, but I'm not gonna spend the time and money at the gun show just to get turned away.

I'll keep on looking.

Guest mikedwood
Needless to say I had to hide the guns when I Got home so the wife don't know. :woohoo:

Glad to hear that.

All my guns are my granddad's .22. Not exactly true but, ummm I may have went overboard this month also. :)

Sounds like you made some good choices though.

Guest eyebedam

Answer - it makes people who are not part of those groups want one

Well he did have about 8 big cases full of all types & 1 case with maybe 10 labeled that way. I did have my old military I'd with me but wasnt asked for it.

Guest Jason F.

Walked in with two guns walked out with none. It seemed to be a decent show with good full tables but too many Chinese knives and cheap nylon accessories. I did grab a couple more ammo cans to store some stuff in the back of the closet. I almost bought and XD 9 myself but I bought something new earlier this week so I had to keep my money in my pocket.

I did see that Frank was slammed at the ETS table. Every time I walked by they were lined up two deep buying lowers and suppressors. Seemed like he was having a good day.

Guest eyebedam
Walked in with two guns walked out with none. It seemed to be a decent show with good full tables but too many Chinese knives and cheap nylon accessories. I did grab a couple more ammo cans to store some stuff in the back of the closet. I almost bought and XD 9 myself but I bought something new earlier this week so I had to keep my money in my pocket.

I did see that Frank was slammed at the ETS table. Every time I walked by they were lined up two deep buying lowers and suppressors. Seemed like he was having a good day.

He was I got my 22 from him he had 2 & I was gonna get both of them but was a little short on cash. Ithats 1 reason I hide the guns I got today because as soon as wifey sees the 22 she's gonna want it. I'm prob gonna see if he can get me one in the green for the next show and then give wifey the black.

Rabbi why do you hate gun shows?

Because they're largely fakes.

In the old days they were good locales for buying/selling. Today the internet has pretty well eliminated that. If I had something unusual, like a WW2 Colt, the last place I would take it to sell would be a gun show. I'd be listing it on Gunbroker and waiting for the one guy out of 20,000 who just has to have it vs the one guy in 2000 who might want it at a bargain.

So dealers mark up goods before going and buyers want to low ball everything. I guess people can still find bargains but with entrance fees over $6 now I wouldnt want to spend the time or money on a maybe.

Now, if I were looking for beef jerky.....

I hate gun shows.

Have I mentioned this anyone yet?

I'm with you on that.

I've been to several, but never seem to find any "good" deals. I've found "ok" deals, but nothing to write home about. It always seems like most of the booths (that I'd be interested in) are all dealers who are selling for the same price as they off in their stores.

I think it was that gun shop from Smyrna/Lavergne that really put the nail in the coffin for me. I was looking for a specific gun, and when I asked them if they could beat the prices I saw earlier in the day, the guy told me. "if you could get it cheaper at another booth, you should take your ass back there". Heck, I always thought you could wheel and deal at gun shows, be he set me straight. I've not been to another.

Then again, if I would have gone to this one, maybe I could have walked away with one of those $32 auto knives.

Guest Jason F.

They are largely a joke but good for a couple things. They are good for selling a gun sometimes. If you are not the master of the internet or do not have a good local board like this one to list your guns there are not many more places where you will find that many people in one place interested in guns. You can also find a few things not found at a local dealer. If you have an odd caliber most dealers and Wally world do not have it. They can not carry everything. I have a 22 Hornet rifle and I can either order it, go to Reloaders Bench, or pick up a box while cruising the show. I do the later two when ever I get the chance. Same goes for the odd part or the part for the odd gun. You can order it online or often find it at a show. Not your local dealers fault, they can not carry everything after all.

I think they are pretty useless for new gun purchases really. I have only purchased one gun at a show and that was simply because the price surprised me. It was $30 cheaper than I had ever found one before and brand new in the box. Could not pass that up.

Guest BMcCoy

Does anybody know if there are any really good deals to be had on a ar15 stripped lower at the show? I was thinking of going, and may still just to get one of the auto knives.

Ben

Guest Law of Thirds

What exactly is the desire for a true automatic knife? I've got a couple of the kershaw assisted opening blades and honestly they open just as fast or faster and with as little effort as an automatic. And aren't true auto's either heavily restricted or prohibited in most locations?

I paid between 40-60 for all of my kershaw assisted openers and I've gotten exemplar service out of every one of them, far more than any other knife I've owned (well....except for that one K-Bar folder I found while working at a summer camp. That thing was like a prybar with a handle and of course I lose it the last time I moved here to TN)

Guest eyebedam

there was quite a few lowers there but I don't know of the prices I never checked. I feel like I got a decent deal on the M&P 9mm I paid 430.00 otd it was brand new. The walther 22 was about the same as in store. The knife I happened to stumble across but I really liked the look and feel of it.

it was the first show I been to in prob 2 years or more. I can remember about 10 years ago when I went to my first show it seemed like there were really decent deals slot more guns and less junk. I didn't see a single ruger lcp or walther PPS in the building and rabbi I wasnt gonna purchase a LCP there I was just gonna check it out if I saw 1 while I was there since I've yet to see one.

Edited by eyebedam
spell check. Had a few bud lights.
Guest Spuds
Does anybody know if there are any really good deals to be had on a ar15 stripped lower at the show? I was thinking of going, and may still just to get one of the auto knives.

Ben

Volunteer Ordnance Works is at the show and has DoubleStar stripped lowers for $120 OTD including tax and TICS. It may be $130, heck, I can't recall. Anyway, if you get 2, it's at least $10 cheaper on the second one.

Stopped by the show today and picked up some AK74 mags. Was a good selection.

Deals were starting to be made by COB.

Saw Frank from ETS, he was covered up. Thinking of getting a .22 can from him in the near future.

Guest iamafireman

I believe that in most cases automatic knives are illegal however for the groups mentioned they are legal

Guest jcoyle6

button activation is a no no unless you are LEO or MIL. Any type of assistance is ok so long as, like strickj said, it can't open on its own. Like with the push of a button.

Guest HexHead
button activation is a no no unless you are LEO or MIL. Any type of assistance is ok so long as, like strickj said, it can't open on its own. Like with the push of a button.

On the illegal ones, the button has to be on the grip. My Ken Onion Cyclone opens just as easily as an Italian switchblade I used to own, I just have to push on the protrusion on the back of the blade and it's legal.

On the topic of gun shows, I've gotten a couple of decent deals at them, sold a couple of pistols and what I like best about them is that I have the opportunity to touch and hold lots of different stuff to see what feels good in my hand and what i like. It's rare for the local dealers to carry as much as you can find at a gun show. I may buy there or wait and see what my local dealer can do for me. I try to support the local shops so they can stay open.

Edited by HexHead