LSU or Bama?

Volzfan

LSU or Bama?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. LSU or Bama?

• LSU
    • Bama

Guest WyattEarp
With the pass rush that Bama had tonight I dont think putting in Lee would have helped at all. Jefferson can scramble and he was running for his life. Jarrett Lee would have had to just stand back there and get killed play after play.

If you are looking to place blame, I would put it more on the OC than on Myles. Anyone who knows anything about football could see that those screens and the option wasn't going to work against the Bama D tonight. But they kept running them all night long.

I don't know, but when you do the same thing all game long, you open yourself to criticism. Had he put in Jarrett Lee, at least he could say he tried something different, instead it feels like he was conceeding defeat before the game was over, and just trying to keep the score from being a blown out. Should have swallowed his pride, I would have, but thats just me. If it had been me as the HC, I'd have taken over the play calling from the OC, and started running slants with Lee in the shotgun on 3 wr receiver sets and started picking Bama apart underneath, they were playing good coverage, but it wasn't super tight. That option was futile, but I didn't see many draw plays or bootlegs tonight. oh well, it is what it is.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible coaching. Bad QB play, but the problem starts with the offensive line. The QB can only do so much, if the OL isn't doing anything and getting pushed back and letting guys through, the QB has a tough job ahead of him. I'll say it again, LSU's offensive line was and is a problem, they should get most of the blame, the other half of the blame should go to coaching.

LSU's defense should be commended on their effort, they played very well and proved they were one of the best defenses in the country. Richardson had 97 yards or so (under 100 anyway) and 34 was on that one run that he scored on. Most defenses this year against Richardson would be carried 4 or 5 yards on each tackle, and that is with 3 or 4 defenders on his back. Richardson is a stud. LSU essentially shut him down and minus the 34 yard run toward the end, kept him in check. Of course they had to watch him and cover him every play he was in.

Fairweather fans suck, the "new" fans that jump on the bandwagon suck. I jumped my 10 year old son this morning when he asked who won and I told him. He went on, who hoo, Alabama won and this and that, I gave him a lesson on not being "that guy". He has pulled for LSU in several games this year.

Jefferson was done, 100% mentally done, after that shovel pass that got intercepted. However, he did tackle the crap out of the dude.

You could tell that after Nov. 5th, Saban studied the current LSU team relentlessly.

A friend who is, ahem, 'close' to the staff told me they broke down every offensive play LSU called in the last five years...

Guest WyattEarp
A friend who is, ahem, 'close' to the staff told me they broke down every offensive play LSU called in the last five years...

I wouldn't doubt it. Saban is not one to leave any details unattended, stones unturned, or anything left to chance. One of the many fine and true students of the game. a fine lesson that attention to detail is key and does pay off.

The final BCS rankings come out in early December - the BCS exists only to rank #1 and #2 in the BCSCG.

Thanks I didn't know that. Kinda sucks that they don't have final poll after the bowl games especially since everything hinges on it for the games