LSU or Bama?

Volzfan

LSU or Bama?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. LSU or Bama?

• LSU
    • Bama

Guest WyattEarp
Actually, as LSU fans don't recognize USC's AP national championship from 2003, it would be tough for them to argue that the 2011 AP championship has meaning.

FWIW, I've not met a single Bama fan who cares at all if the AP splits from the BCS - the crystal football is all that matters now. That said, I think the winner Monday gets both.

RTR.

the NCAA vacated both of USC's championships, and many many many many USC victories due to the Reggie Bush scandal.

Bama and Lsu was who I was talking about but really wasn't serious but why not. I mean hell might as well play 2 outta 3. If bama wins how can you say they are the best team. Glad to to see the SEC doing well in the bowl games.

depends on how much Bama wins by. If Bama blows out LSU, they should be unanimous. if it's a win by only a few points, i think we'll see a split national championship. If it ends up split, college football has proven itself as the only organization in college and professional sports to have a

"split national championship". if 2 teams are splitting the big prize, it's not a championship. Championships are supposed to have a winner and a loser. not two, half-winners.

this year has by far been the worst for the BCS. VaTech, WV, K-State and Clemson had no business playing in BCS Bowls.

The Top 15 ranked teams should get to face off. do away with conference championships, drop the regular season to 10 games. give #1 a bye week. let 'em duke it out, crown the last team standing.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the NCAA vacated both of USC's championships, and many many many many USC victories due to the Reggie Bush scandal.

That's not the point.

From 2003 until it was vacated, LSU fans claimed it didn't count, only the BCS did. If they claim the AP title now - should they lose and be awarded it - it would be the height of hypocrisy.

But once again, I don't think it will happen - whoever wins Monday will likely win both. Frankly, the AP doesn't really matter anymore, so I doubt anyone will care either way.

Guest WyattEarp

yeah i hear what you're saying, the entire BCS is a hypocrisy. the NCAA doesn't even regulate the BCS or the college teams or their bowl games during the post-seaon. The BCS is an organization that magically formed itself and somehow took over regulation of all college teams and football games in post season play without any authority whatsoever.

yeah i hear what you're saying, the entire BCS is a hypocrisy. the NCAA doesn't even regulate the BCS or the college teams or their bowl games during the post-seaon. The BCS is an organization that magically formed itself and somehow took over regulation of all college teams and football games in post season play without any authority whatsoever.

Well, that's a bit extreme - the BCS was formed by the conferences and university president of the members. It exists because that's what the schools want(ed).

Guest WyattEarp
Well, that's a bit extreme - the BCS was formed by the conferences and university president of the members. It exists because that's what the schools want(ed).

did you know that the band students of colleges have to pay their own way to get to their bowl games? but when it comes to NCAA Basketball, travel for the band is provided to and from games at no cost to the band students.

one of the BCS' many issues. it's nothing more than a corporate monopoly that favors the powerhouse schools. the BCS has violated so many anti-trust legislation laws and regulations, but everyone in a position of authority continues to look the other way and allow it go on.

did you know that the band students of colleges have to pay their own way to get to their bowl games? but when it comes to NCAA Basketball, travel for the band is provided to and from games at no cost to the band students.

I'm pretty sure the schools pay for it. I heard traveling and ticket costs for the band this year alone is close to $1m.

one of the BCS' many issues. it's nothing more than a corporate monopoly that favors the powerhouse schools. the BCS has violated so many anti-trust legislation laws and regulations, but everyone in a position of authority continues to look the other way and allow it go on.

The courts have ruled that the NCAA and BCS, being voluntary membership organizations, aren't held liable under anti-trust laws.

It's a collection of teams that got together and decided to have their own system, just like the NCAA. Complaining about it is chic, but it's gotten it right far more than it's gotten it wrong and is far better than the pre-BCS years when were were lucky to get a 1v2 bowl matchup. The problem is no matter what you change it to, people will bitch and moan.

I'm pretty sure the schools pay for it. I heard traveling and ticket costs for the band this year alone is close to $1m.

Yea the band kids don't have to pay for their tickets to the NC game. The bowl does charge the school for each band member ticket. I think the school buys the players family's tickets too.

Are you going to the game Crimson?

Are you going to the game Crimson?

Nope, I've honestly gotten old enough I don't enjoy the big games like I used to. I prefer sitting at home with the big screen, eating and drinking what I want, peeing in my own bathroom, etc...

Guest lostpass
Being a Tennessee fan I wish there was a way they could both lose!

When UT is as bad as they are right now sometimes all you can wish for is non career threatening injuries.

I remember when some folks around here hated Chavis. He looks pretty damn good right now.

As a lifelong Bama fan, I must say that I won't be happy unless Bama wins big. If they win a close game all the talk will be about split champions, and if they lose the talk will be about how they didn't deserve to be in the game in the first place.

I was upset when Colt McCoy got hurt in their last championship because if they did end up winning all the naysayers would say it only happened because he wasn't in the game. Unfortunately that is exactly what was said after Bama did win it!!!

Guest WyattEarp

Turn out the lights....the party's over!!!!!!! LSU is overrated!!!

Why the hell did Les Miles not pull Jefferson out and put in Jarrett Lee?? I dont understand that at all.

LSU had a off night. Happens to every team. They just had it happen to them in the National Title game. That's not to take anything away from Bama. They played their guts out on defense.

Congrats to the real Bama fans. The ones who stuck out the Shula era. The ones who are not front runners who will go out an buy all brand new Bama gear tonight or in the morning. Those people are not real fans at all.

Again congrats Bama on your 487th National Championship.:)

Guest WyattEarp
LSU had a off night. Happens to every team. They just had it happen to them in the National Title game. That's not to take anything away from Bama. They played their guts out on defense.

Congrats to the real Bama fans. The ones who stuck out the Shula era. The ones who are not front runners who will go out an buy all brand new Bama gear tonight or in the morning. Those people are not real fans at all.

Again congrats Bama on your 487th National Championship.:)

No, I disagree. Les Miles had an off night. That was probably the worst coaching I've ever seen. His team was unprepared, he did nothing to give his players a chance to win that game. No creativity, no flea flickers, no play action pass, no reverses. He refused to put Jarrett Lee in when they were down 15-0, who might have provided a spark. It was like he didn't even care to be there. His team had no emotion, they looked like they'd have rather been somewhere else. Where was all the Mad Hatter creativity? He had a responsibility to the players on that team and to his assistant coaches to change it up and try something different and give them the best chance to win, and he failed to do that, failed MISERABLY. The punt on 4th down with under 4:00 minutes to play was mind boggling. No fake punts, no originality, he just did the same thing over and over all night. That looked like martyball (Marty Schottenheimer). Play not to lose, instead of playing to win. I'd have at least a shred of respect if he had gone for it late in the 4th instead of punting and just giving the game away to Bama on a silver platter, and I'm not taking anything away from Bama, they were the better team and they played to win, and player their hearts out but LSU didn't even try tonight. I'm not sure what game you were watching, but I was completely astonished by the lack of everything on Les Miles part, and the rest of the team. After what we've seen from LSU all season long, I expected a lot more resiliency than that, and I expected some fireworks tonight, instead, I saw the equivalent of some tranquilized cats running around looking lost and disoriented.

Every fan, student, booster and person associated with LSU should be flat out embarrassed by that effort.

I only rooted for Bama, because they're the one team in the SEC I don't despise, but I can't say I'm a true fan, and I have not gone and bought any Bama gear and don't plan to either. You know who my teams are. OU, KU, and Notre Dame.

congrat to Bama fans.

I feel sorry for LSU fans, you deserved a better effort from your head coach tonight, that was pitiful on Les Miles part, and the blame should be his, and his alone.

How should have they been rated coming into the game?

I dunno, not saying they didn't earn their ranking with what they did in the regular season, but I think they were just overhyped in general.

With the pass rush that Bama had tonight I dont think putting in Lee would have helped at all. Jefferson can scramble and he was running for his life. Jarrett Lee would have had to just stand back there and get killed play after play.

If you are looking to place blame, I would put it more on the OC than on Myles. Anyone who knows anything about football could see that those screens and the option wasn't going to work against the Bama D tonight. But they kept running them all night long.