Rifle / Pistol Match January 14th in Dickson @ NTPS

We were asked if we could hold some rifle matches in addition to our usual USPSA matches, so here we go.

This will happen after first gun on the 14th (around noon). Some stages will be shot rifle only and some will start with rifle and end with pistol. You can see the stages on the other match thread.

We will still have pistol only squads on Saturday second gun, but in addition we will have Rifle/Pistol squads as well.

I'm going to pick up one of those evil black rifles myself and see what I can do. :poop:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consider me officially interested!! If my brother and I can weasel out of taking my sister and her friend shooting, we will be there!!!

How would this compare(equipment/safety) to IDPA/three gun. Is there anything you can think we would need special??

Consider me officially interested!! If my brother and I can weasel out of taking my sister and her friend shooting, we will be there!!!

How would this compare(equipment/safety) to IDPA/three gun. Is there anything you can think we would need special??

load up the mag run and gun. think cover is a 4 letter word you say them so no cover. of course a chamber flag and a bag or cart so you are not handleing any gun moveing bay to bay.

my question is can shoot center fire and rim fire in the same squad as a second gun !

load up the mag run and gun. think cover is a 4 letter word you say them so no cover. of course a chamber flag and a bag or cart so you are not handleing any gun moveing bay to bay.

With a description like that I may start thinking IDPA is a four letter word

Better yet, bring your brother, your sister, and her friend. Have 'em all shoot. :lol:

Edited by Dave Shooter
How will the rules and scoring of this rifle/pistol match compare to IDPA? And can we get a round count?

my understanding is this will be test run, to see if there demand for this be done on as a normal match in the furture. easiest way for me and my simple mind to explain it. is will be like a fun run, all scoring will be minor and no divisions or classifications and scoring will be done manualy. no pom pilots.

they are still working on round count. i do not think it will be hi.

on the rules the saftey rules are the same, expept it is not okay to holster the gun in parting lot. commands are the same. IDPA scoring and USPSA score are so very differenty. just shoot all "A" you will be good to go. i still do not know how it works other than you want a good hit factor. your best bet go shoot in the morning and ask them to explain it.

see you at noon saturday

now in USPSA you get all your bonus points for each shot on a non threat. you must stay in the shooting lane bonus points for each shot fired if sept out. you shoot the stage the way you want too. you shoot for speed and accuracy by doing what works for you.

just remember this is a test run so please come out an shoot it. nail that guy and call him out who says he just can miss cause he is that good!

so next time they set up one of most excelent matches for a 2 gun run,

Edited by RWF

yes, as i understand it they want to have the 2nd gun shooters meeting by 12:30. if you never seen or been to a USPSA match then you will be able to get a good understanding of the game. the open gun guys are really something.

i guess i do need to say, i hope i have not stepped on anyones toes, i am not a member of the club but really do want this to work out. because they do really put on a great pistol match and have a ton of experience in USPSA. they do have a dedicated group that does a great job coming up very good stages with 20-30 rounds in one stage.

i am hopeing this is sucessful so they think about doing something like this from time to time.

they do really put on a great pistol match and have a ton of experience in USPSA. they do have a dedicated group that does a great job coming up very good stages with 20-30 rounds in one stage.

i am hopeing this is sucessful so they think about doing something like this from time to time.

+1

Alright, I am ready for some rifle/pistol action. I am bringing 100 rounds of each. If you think that is way too much, you have not seen me shoot. If that is not enough, Walmart is not too far away. Thanks NTPS for trying this!!

Guest Elizabeth
i guess i do need to say, i hope i have not stepped on anyones toes, i am not a member of the club but really do want this to work out. because they do really put on a great pistol match and have a ton of experience in USPSA. they do have a dedicated group that does a great job coming up very good stages with 20-30 rounds in one stage.

Thank you for the compliments, such as above. We are excited about Saturday. The round count is approx. 71 rifle, 14 pistol. Scoring is best 2 hits per paper, doesn't matter whether major or minor. Two of the rifle stages involve both rifle and pistol. Further instructions will be during walk-through. The general flow of such stages will be the rifles grounded then unholster pistol.

-arrival time of Noon is good.

-I'll be onsite for registration

-cost is $20 NTPS member or military, and $25 non-military for rifle only this weekend

-if shooting pistol only in the morning, then $10 discount on second gun

-NTPS is a cold range--safe areas are provided for your use.

-Shooters meeting for rifle match will be held after I've registered everyone.

Best regards,

Elizabeth K.

NTPS

Alright, I am ready for some rifle/pistol action. I am bringing 100 rounds of each. If you think that is way too much, you have not seen me shoot. If that is not enough, Walmart is not too far away. Thanks NTPS for trying this!!

Damn!, you must be super fast on the trigger like me! :) there has been more than once i have been at NTPS pistol match and had to go bum some ammo to finish the match. a few years back they had some steel and a Texas star (not to worry, they have even more now) i went into the stage with 50 rounds and of course shot the star wrong so it was spinning at about 100 miles a hour and finish the stage with 1 bullet left. and have seen the wife run out of ammo, and she prides herself on always packing extra!

elizabeth, thanks for the update! see you tomorrow!

+2 = R & W we also had a great time.
NTPS thanks so much for trying something a little different. I really enjoyed the match. It was alot of fun!!

All you guys that came just for second gun should have shot first gun also, it was a blast and the stages make you think. Thanks again Elizabeth for making the rifle match happen!

I hate to be a crybaby, but I noticed the scores for the pistol were posted, are the scores for the rifle/pistol posted anywhere? I am just dying to know how poorly I did. :D

alittle history on club scoreing it is done instantaneously with plam plots for normal matches so score are instantly posted. i did e-mail her about your request. this is a copy and paste of her reply.

Scores are being worked on. It was all manual and volunteer, so it takes time.

All the best,

Liz

Guest Moverfive

Hey everyone - as Robert stated, pistol is scored electronically and thus why scores are actually done immediately after the last shooter has been scored.

The rifle match had to be done manually.....and today was the first opportunity to do that. As a clarification - we entered the scores under "Production," which means that we are scoring the rifle as minor. The full scores will soon be posted on our website - www.ntps.org

1 Schuster, David TY37691 B Production Minor N N N N 413.4785 100.00%

2 Tipton, Matt A57413 C Production Minor N N N N 410.4164 99.26%

3 Griffin, Brad TY19303 M Production Minor N N N N 342.8668 82.92%

4 Keen, Sam L3263 M Production Minor N N N N 302.4986 73.16%

5 Pytlewski, Ryan U Production Minor N N N N 288.2489 69.71%

6 Randolph, Brooks U Production Minor N N N N 287.6198 69.56%

7 Fodra, Rey FY57702 U Production Minor N N N N 253.4803 61.30%

8 Randolph, Scott U Production Minor N N N N 218.2466 52.78%

9 Filidei, Robert A49763 D Production Minor N N N N Senior 207.7488 50.24%

10 Filidei, Wanda FY49762 D Production Minor Y N N N Senior 198.6391 48.04%

11 Keen, Elizabeth A59413 D Production Minor Y N N N 170.6770 41.28%

Edited by Moverfive